Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 251 to 254 of 254

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    I have an Eastman John Pisano ar880ce. Its personal I know, but for me it's got the best neck specs and feel of any guitar I have ever owned.
    If I was to have a custom commission, I would want to take the Eastman to the builder and say "here - make it feel like this".
    Fellow 880 owner here. Total agreement.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Their flat top acoustic models are excellent as well. Great bang for the buck. And their customer service has a good reputation.

User Info Menu

Eastmans keep getting better every year! My favorite one I owned was the 810CE which I replaced the pickup with a real USA Kent Armstrong PAF floating pickup.
    This design was made on the blue prints of Bob Benedetto archtop book design.

It definitely has a brighter tone than say a Johnny Smith or L-5 construction.
    More highs and lows and less pronounced mids. Neither better or worse ,just different. These in my opinion are the best deal out their for a new modern archtop.

User Info Menu

Brilliant Toronto jazz guitarist Reg Schwager also uses an Eastman guitar. I think his main guitar used to be an ES 175 but he had to retire it as it developed unrepairable problems (according to a google jazz guitar group post) more than 10 years ago. Then he switched to a carved Eastman.