The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am a (older) guitar player that just acquired a E Bike.

My question is has anyone found a good way to haul a guitar and a small battery amp with their bicycle?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There are carts and I've found them to be easy to pull around. Easier than strapping something and raising the centre of gravity and mass on the bike itself.
    E Bikes-screen-shot-2022-06-16-11-19-36-am-png

User Info Menu

There's a busker that commutes by my place to downtown on E-Bike with trailer. He packs at least a National steel, a dread, a banjo, a violin, harmonicas, foot drum and hi hat in a longer version of that trailer.

I don't know how old the OP is, but this guy's been playing the streets of Victoria since '77. He cuts quite a figure with his long grey beard parted by the breeze and over his shoulders as he sails by, with apparently not a care in the world.

Looks to me like the trailer is working great for him.

User Info Menu

Archtop in a gig bag slung over my back, amp strapped on a rear carrier. Easy enough if you're a seasoned biker, though I'd probably leave the L5 at home.

User Info Menu

This is a Burley carrier, getting quite popular over here. With this even a heavier amp/cab would pose no problem.
    I am just now configuring a light-weight 6.5" cab (like a BUD) coupled with a 100watt SS amp in a pedal format which will easily fit onto the rack on my bike - my HELIX Stomp in a pannier and the gigbag on my back I pedal around town to rehearsals and my teaching jobs : no hassle with parking, it's just as fast as going by car and I can enjoy a bike ride !E Bikes-isy-burley-jpeg