The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Posts 201 to 225 of 482

User Info Menu

Hello form Italy.
    DV MARK has Silver proble of fan rumors ?
    The 1st gen also had pronlem with mid pot control.
    When I had tried the sound ways to dato also for jazz.
    If the 2nd gen is better this is an interesting amp for price and portable

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Picked up my new 2nd gen little jazz. If it has a fan, it's internal and silent. The amp is dead silent with guitar volume down. My es 125s p90 of course adds a touch of hum when volume is up. But oh man, the tone! I haven't had a chance to try a variety of guitars or record anything, but will post an NAD when I get some time to hopefully do a bit of side by side. Hard to believe the full bottom end and overall tone out of an 8 inch speaker. Sound is BIG too. Gigging isn't really a concern for me, but depending on the volume of the venue and the group, I'd think this little guy could hold his own in most settings. Looking forward to playing some more after the kids go to sleep

User Info Menu

Am really hoping to hear some stuff from you guys. On paper is such a good proposition but the euro sound on you tube I do not dig. Sounds very sterile. I have heard Rotem Sivan using the 2*12 and gets a great sound. He also uses the 1*12 non jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I recently visited my luthier’s shop to pickup my jazzbox in reparation for a little fretwork and had the opportunity to test it with a DV Jazz12.
    While I did’nt like the Little Jazz (too light and boxy sound) when I tested it, I have to admit the DV Jazz 12 is a totally different animal. First impression, good impression: you plug it and you don’t have to dial the settings for hours to get the “right” sound . A gorgeous, smooth and deep sound (classic jazz tone) every time I hit a string on my budget jazzbox!

In few words, this the tone I’ve be looking for and which I finally managed to get from my Superchamp XD equipped with an Eminence Little Buddy speaker. But It’s incredible how a SS amp manage to mimic this kind of tubey, warm and slightly muddy sound I usually favour for jazz guitar playing, with the extra bonus to be light as a feather.

I just wonder which kind of speaker technology they use in it to be so light (magnet-less transducer?)while providing such a smooth and deep tone.
    The only drawback I see about this DV12, it is rather bulky and not fitting well in a the bedroom where I practice and I’m not too fond of the creamy/ butter coloured tolex . But those really are negligible quibbles regarding the overall value of this SS amp.
    This is the only SS amp which managed to make my budget Jazzbox singing like this !
    Discount price is now around 450€, so it makes me think….

User Info Menu

I just read an article i an magazine from Spain Cutaway guitar i think is the name.That article is about the DV mark 12 and if my Spainish is right( Oh its from 2014).The article seem to say that there is a ground switch in it you flip to stop the hum i suppose of the fan?Any owners discover this or do i need a few more lessons in the laguage?Its labelled ground lift switch.So maybe not for the fan.
    Last edited by EarlBrother; 02-14-2017 at 02:35 PM.

User Info Menu

There is a ground lift switch, to stop possible hum from electronics. It has nothing to do with the fan. Generally it does nothing audible, but I haven't had a hum problem. The switch is on the back, a push-push switch identical to the one for killing the speaker if you want to just use an external cabinet. It's easily seen in a photo of the back of the amp.

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

Made my way through all 12 pages to get people's impressions and think I'll pull the trigger, but I happen to have a tele and Epi ES-175 and assumed this amp would be fine for both.

After going through all 12 pages, it struck me that every single poster was using the amp with an arch top which makes me wonder if it's no good with a solid body like a tele?

Has anyone used the DV LJ with a tele or other solid body and gotten the same darkish warm tones as some folks with arch tops have posted?

Is this amp for arch tops only?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Sundeep,
    I use mine with an Ibanez AF125 (full hollow body), Eric Johnston Strat, Gibson Double-cutaway wit p-90. I'm happy with the sounds from all of them. In my mind, this is a great clean platform. I've even stuck a green rhino in front and gotten great blues. Not quite so keen on the reverb though which seems to have a bit of chorus added. I use a strymon flint for reverb.
    Hope this helps.
    hans

Quote Originally Posted by Sundeep
    Hi Guys,

Made my way through all 12 pages to get people's impressions and think I'll pull the trigger, but I happen to have a tele and Epi ES-175 and assumed this amp would be fine for both.

After going through all 12 pages, it struck me that every single poster was using the amp with an arch top which makes me wonder if it's no good with a solid body like a tele?

Has anyone used the DV LJ with a tele or other solid body and gotten the same darkish warm tones as some folks with arch tops have posted?

Thanks in advance!!

User Info Menu

About to pull the trigger on a DV Mark.

For those that bought the Little jazz, would you do that again or get the jazz 12 instead?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlthof
    Hi Sundeep,
    I use mine with an Ibanez AF125 (full hollow body), Eric Johnston Strat, Gibson Double-cutaway wit p-90. I'm happy with the sounds from all of them. In my mind, this is a great clean platform. I've even stuck a green rhino in front and gotten great blues. Not quite so keen on the reverb though which seems to have a bit of chorus added. I use a strymon flint for reverb.
    Hope this helps.
    hans
    Thanks for the input..I think I saw a review on youtube that also had positive reviews about using this amp with pedals if needed.

I'm also curious if it's worth going for the 12 or just stick with the LJ...seems to sound a little different, but I'm not gigging anytime soon, so I'd rather save the dough and space. Seems like it's easy enough to use the LJ as a head anyways, so nothing lost in not getting the 12 right away.

User Info Menu

I think I'd keep the Little Jazz, but I haven't played a 12. For me the smaller speaker is fine, and I want portability. I've played a solid-body 7-string through the LJ, and it sounds fine to me. Whether anyone else will like it is a different question, and that has to be answered by each individual. Preferences vary, that's why there are so many amps (not to mention guitars) available. I like the LJ a lot, but I can't speak for anyone else. I use the LJ as a head most of the time, going into a RE cab, but as often as not I have the LJ speaker operating as well. I like the sound with the RE cab marginally better than the LJ alone, but only marginally. Since the cab is sitting around anyway, I use it.
    Last edited by sgosnell; 03-15-2017 at 05:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sundeep
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!!
    Mine sounds fantastic with my Yamaha Revstar solid body. Sort of an LP setup with mahogany body and maple top. Nice pair of P90s. Also sounds great with my Ibanez as83 semi hollow. I haven't done much with effects, but I will say for clean tone, the amp really does it for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pants
    Mine sounds fantastic with my Yamaha Revstar solid body. Sort of an LP setup with mahogany body and maple top. Nice pair of P90s. Also sounds great with my Ibanez as83 semi hollow. I haven't done much with effects, but I will say for clean tone, the amp really does it for me.
    I did go ahead and order this amp from GC as I recently got a $100 coupon which made the decision slightly easier to make even though it seems the forum is split on this amp with folks either liking it a lot or not at all.

I'm currently out of town, but got a notice that it finally arrived so I'll see for myself soon enough. I have a Tele and Epi-175 so as long as one of those can get the sound I want, I'll be stoked!!

User Info Menu

I’ve read all this thread as my friend recently loaned me a DVMark amp(50W)+single 12” open back speaker cab to try before I buy.
    I just dont know what t think about it ...sometimes I think it a joke of a Blackface emulation other times it just seems to sound almost mesmerising. Super light, though by choice I wouldn’t have this model with horrible overdrive channel but I’m guessing the inside is same as the ‘jazz’. I haven’t owned many amps having used my blue junior exclusively since i bought it new 16 years ago. But with bursitis and aging, I would really appreciate a lighter (and quieter) amp. Also since i bought my first arch top almost a year ago (epi regent emperor) and now play it exclusively perhaps it’s time to add a Solid State Amp to my meagre collection.
    My experience? Firstly I’ve haven’t seen the fan activate on my amp so I presume it work on a thermostat. Secondly never experienced such unusual tone control they seem to overlap and be non linear, so very subtle changes can produce surprising tonal variantions! I’m not a big fan of the reverb, it’s certainly passable but after a while you really want to adjust it for some variation. Also surprised the bass is so strong, which my friend says is due to the company’s bass amp heritage Anyway waiting for honeymoon period to wear off before I decide to buy or not. My friend has two 1x12” cabs which sound great together on this amp.
    btw the gaffa tape is to hide the incredibly annoying over bright blue LED!
    Attached Images Attached Images DV Mark Little Jazz-3f178b10-61e4-4c3a-a271-30e803d53cf2-jpg DV Mark Little Jazz-d156bf98-9675-48ed-b814-eb768bb5f85c-jpg 
    Last edited by oobleD; 10-19-2017 at 05:06 AM.

User Info Menu

I also have the Micro50, and it's a decent amp. I bought it to play through my RE Stealth 12 while my Clarus was out of service. Some will like the crunch channel, but I don't use it. The clean channel sounds a lot like the Little Jazz. I've used both through speaker cabs, and they sound very much alike, but I prefer the Little Jazz. The Micro50 is in a closet now, along with my Vibrolux Reverb, because I'm using either the Little Jazz or Clarus/RE. But if the Micro50 is all you have, it's an adequate amp. And I agree that DV goes overboard with the blue LEDs. The Little Jazz also has one, and I don't like them. At least that one is somewhat hidden with the amp tilted, but the Micro50 lights up the room.

User Info Menu

Thiught I would revive this thread as I asked the wife for a DV Mark Little Jazz for Christmas. The price has come WAY down from ghe original price. Paid $299 after the 25% discount. I needed a recording amp for nights when the ambient noice was too much for mic’ing at home. The Little Jazz has an XLR out that I will run straight into my Tascam.

Look for an update after Christmas.

User Info Menu

I finally got to try a gig with my Micro 50 the other day!

it's LOUD!!!!! I had pretty high expectations since I've used my Jazz 12 before, but the micro 50 into the Marshall stack blew me away. I've never felt so comfortable on stage before. The sound was so huge and creamy that I felt more confident than usual. I'm trying to write some fusion stuff just so I can get a band with me to play the HRC stacks again

User Info Menu

I wanted to like the Micro50, but I couldn't bond with it. I sold it and bought a GK MB200, which I like much better. But the Little Jazz is what I take out. I was at a "blues" jam today, actually bad rock (there isn't any other kind) played at ear-shattering levels. I had the Little Jazz with a G&L tele clone, with the amp at about 12 o'clock. I was as loud as anybody when I wanted to be, which wasn't that often, but the blues solos were easily heard. It's a very loud little amp, and I always get compliments on its sound, and not just from the rockers. I don't like all the DV Mark products, but they got this one right.

User Info Menu

I'm with ya. My dad's a blues guy. He liked the sound of my Jazz 12, and after feeling how light it was he went and bought one for himself and a Micro 50 He uses them both frequently at the local blues clubs.

User Info Menu

Hello folks,

all these discussions over the holidays really got me thinking about buying an affordable amp for teaching, public transport and to potentially be left in the trunk of my car once in a while (which my tube amp would not stand too well, I think.)

I was down to deciding between the huge flexibility and great price on the Boss Katana and the DVMark Little Jazz. Well, although I liked both - portability won the day and thus, I took this little box home, ordered a percussion bag that seems to be perfectly fitted for this very amp. (It's a Meinl Cuica 10" bag, just in case somebody was wondering)

The sound of this little box is insane for it's price and form factor. It takes about every pedal I tried with it, as well and I am convinced that it will also be loud enough to gig with. I'm going to take it out for a jam session and some rehearsals next week. Thank you very much to everybody, who mentioned this amp on here. This one was a very good recommendation. pictures below!

Sebastian

DV Mark Little Jazz-img_2599-jpgDV Mark Little Jazz-img_2600-jpgDV Mark Little Jazz-img_2601-jpg

User Info Menu

Awesome! I'm currently waiting on a DV Jazz 12 combo that is on back-order. Should arrive sometime next week.

Curious, what made you choose the Little Jazz over the Jazz 12?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jbeckforever
    Awesome! I'm currently waiting on a DV Jazz 12 combo that is on back-order. Should arrive sometime next week.

Curious, what made you choose the Little Jazz over the Jazz 12?
    Thanx!

Quite simply: size, finances plus the fact that I have different powered speakers to use with the DI out. Honestly speaking, I mostly wanted to save some cash.

You will enjoy the Jazz 12, I‘m sure! :-)

User Info Menu

Yeah I fell in love with the 12 when I played it at the local GC. They didnt have the Little Jazz on display.

Its cool you got a black one, I've only seen the white ones. Enjoy the new amp my dude

User Info Menu

A friend of mine use one of these for his keyboard for small pub gigs, and (believe it or not) it works fine, with more than enough volume. His is the cream-coloured version, though I much prefer the black looking at yours. I once plugged my guitar in, and had a gorgeous jazz tone straight away. Congratulations, a fine acquisition, and I love that case you found too - all too tempting!

User Info Menu

Wow, the black edition is regularly available here in Germany. It is just a little more expensive than the white one, but I figured that the white one might not look as nice in a couple of months, so I went for the black one. The case was relatively expensive for the price of the amp (58€), but I think that it really adds to the amp and was happy to spend it.