Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 69

User Info Menu

The title sums it up - what if any are the differences between the Benedetto refined Guild Artist Awards made in Westerly, RI vs. Corona, CA. The only difference I can find is that the one made in Corona was marketed as a Johnny Smith Award, with the Johnny Smith headstock emblem and the 18 signed models, etc. Anything else? I know they're both x braced, 3 inch body, european spruce. Am I missing something? I can't help but gravitate to the Westerly one, maybe because I'm a Rhode Islander haha!

Also, I would love to hear about everyones experiences with the Benedetto AA. I plan to use it for solo, duo/trio gigs, and recording.

Thanks!
    Phil
    Last edited by Philmaz14; 01-13-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: grammar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Thanks! I'll send him a message now.

User Info Menu

If you PLAY guitar talk to Ron Clegg. Ron Clegg gigged one for 3 years as a professional and sold it for an Andersen Streamline.

Players talk to other players.

Talk to Bob Benedetto. Ask Bob why he doesn't use the same scale length in his own guitars that he used in the G-Bs.

And then talk to Steve Longobardi whose first question to the seller of the G-B JSA was, What's the scale length? And whose reply to the stated scale length was, No, thanks. Seller deleted FS thread...for good reason.

These things matter to folks who play.

When you want to talk about the finer points of shading and tonewoods, talk to Patrick.

Of course, this could be bait laid for me, in which case, I have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

The two happiest days in a G-B JSA owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. In between, he mostly wonders why he bought it and prays he can get his money back and someone buys it. Meanwhile, over at ebay the G-B JSA started at $8500 and has steadily declined to an asking of $4999. Still no takers.

Don't think you are smarter than the market. The market knows what it knows. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

My advice is to look for a Westerly Guild Artist Award with a DeArmond 1100. It will be playable and folks actually want to buy them for playing. Imagine that. I know where there is one for sale. But ask if there's a ski jump.

P.S. If the OP insists on buying a G-B JSA insist on the assurance of a full refund if you cannot bond with its playability. Anyone who is not trying to pass on a hot potato will give you that. That is the only way to buy it.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 01-14-2015 at 09:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Good response Jabberwocky,that says it all.

User Info Menu

I actually own a Guild Benedetto Stuart, so I'm talking from experience and not second hand gossip, the scale length is similar to playing a Fender Tele. I do prefer the fact that the strings on a longer scale length have more tension compared to a shorter scale length guitar. Yes, I also have a 1949 Gibson L4C with the short scale length and plenty of Fender type guitars.

If you have tiny weeny child's hands, the longer scale length will be a problem, otherwise the Guild Benedettos are great guitars for the price.

User Info Menu

Phil, We have conversed via private message. So you know my feelings about the Guild Benedetto AA I own and play. I have no desire spend my time debating with a troll so I'll just say that if a 25' 9/16" scale length bothers you than you won't get along with the AA. Anyone who tells you its longer than 25 9/16" either has an outlier or doesn't understand how scale length is measured i.e. it is not measured by the distance from the end of the nut to the contact point on the bridge.

I own guitars with scale lengths from 24", 25", 25 1/2" to the AA with a number of my guitars having the typical Fender scale of 25 1/2". It is the scale I prefer. I have large hands but not Tal Farlow hands but it is for me not so much about hand size as its the feel and my perception that the longer scale has a bit more "snap" if you will.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    If you PLAY guitar talk to Ron Clegg. Ron Clegg gigged one for 3 years as a professional and sold it for an Andersen Streamline.

Players talk to other players.

Talk to Bob Benedetto. Ask Bob why he doesn't use the same scale length in his own guitars that he used in the G-Bs.

And then talk to Steve Longobardi whose first question to the seller of the G-B JSA was, What's the scale length? And whose reply to the stated scale length was, No, thanks. Seller deleted FS thread...for good reason.

These things matter to folks who play.

When you want to talk about the finer points of shading and tonewoods, talk to Patrick.

Of course, this could be bait laid for me, in which case, I have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

The two happiest days in a G-B JSA owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. In between, he mostly wonders why he bought it and prays he can get his money back and someone buys it. Meanwhile, over at ebay the G-B JSA started at $8500 and has steadily declined to an asking of $4999. Still no takers.

Don't think you are smarter than the market. The market knows what it knows. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

My advice is to look for a Westerly Guild Artist Award with a DeArmond 1100. It will be playable and folks actually want to buy them for playing. Imagine that. I know where there is one for sale. But ask if there's a ski jump.

P.S. If the OP insists on buying a G-B JSA insist on the assurance of a full refund if you cannot bond with its playability. Anyone who is not trying to pass on a hot potato will give you that. That is the only way to buy it.
    Do you have to actually work hard at being, or have you studied at a university to become such an ass-hole? Does it just come naturally to you? Or, is this a genetic thing that was passed down to you from your parents? Have you ever played a GBJSA? Have you ever even seen one in person?

You continuously want to rant on and on, trashing those whom you erroneously perceive to be less than credible if they buy a guitar for any reason other than to gig with it. You seem to believe that for some reason a "PLAYER" is better suited to answer the very specific questions from the OP . . than those whom you incorrectly believe buy guitars only as a collectors and sit among them banging cowboy chords once or twice a month. Most "PLAYERS", don't know diddly squat about the makings of a guitar, which is very specifically what the OP asked about. The OP didn't ask for opinions. Yet, you belligerently trashed a wonderful instrument based solely upon your totally uneduacted and biased opinions . . while siting only 2 examples of people dis satisfied with one aspect or another about the guitar.

"Talk to Ron Clegg. Ron Clegg gigged one for three years and sold it for an Andersen Streamline"

So then, it actually took Clegg THREE YEARS to realize what a bad choice the GBJSA was as a gigging guitar?? You make this absurd statement and you expect the OP to take your advice on this matter as credible?? My already low opinion of your intelligence just dropped a few notches.

Regarding Steve Longobardi . . did you ever consider the possibility that Steve just doesn't like a 25-9/16" scale length?? Is Jim Soloway a complete fool because he won't even consider anything less than a 25-1/2" scale length? If he couldn't get Heritage to build his custom spec'd 575s with the longer scale length . . it would have been a deal breaker and he would have went else where for his custom build. It's just a matter of personal preference. When the OP asked for differences, when someone pointed out to him that the GBJSA has the 25-9/16" scale length . . that's all the info on that subject he would have needed . . . not whether or not it was suitable to Steve Longobardi or anyone else. For all you or I know, the OP may actually be seeking the 25-9/16" scale. He asked for info, to form his own choices. Not opinions from you or anyone else on what his choices should or shouldn't be.

"The two happiest days in a G-B JSA owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. In between, he mostly wonders why he bought it and prays he can get his money back and someone buys it. Meanwhile, over at ebay the G-B JSA started at $8500 and has steadily declined to an asking of $4999. Still no takers."

And you know this . . how?? Is this utterly stupid statement based upon your own experience of having owned one? Hardly!! You site the difficulties of the GBJSA selling quickly on eBay? Have you ever noticed how long it takes to move the guitar you recommended as an alternative, the Guild AA with an 1100 pup?? It's an equally wonderful instrument . . very different from a GBJSA, but equally as wonderful . . yet it too sits unsold for long periods of time, waiting for a buyer.

The OP asked questions about the differences between two specific variants of Guild arch top guitars. He did not ask anyone's opinions on whether or not he should buy a GBJSA. He's actually intelligent enough to know that he can make his on decisions, based upon the info he gathers . . not based upon what you or I recommend to him that his choices should or shouldn't be.
    How many PLAYERS can you name who would be qualified to answer those specific questions asked by the OP? One of the best jazz guitarists I know owns a 1964 Gibson Super 400CES. When I told him there was a slight chance that the guitar might have PAF sticker pups in it, his response was . . "what's that?" This guy couldn't tell you if the guitar was made with spruce or pine. Yet, he has performed with world class singers and musicians in venues as large as Carnegie Hall. That's true of more PLAYERS, [you know . . "the guys who actually play them" . .] than it is of collectors, most of whom are students of the instruments and the craft of making them.

"My advice is to look for a Guild Artist Award with a Dearmond 1100"
    And such advice from you is based upon specifically what expertise you have on the matter? How arrogant of you to actually "advise" the OP of what he should be looking for!!

You remind me of a puny, envious little snob . . jealous of anyone who can actually afford to buy what they want without having to walk away from it because they can't negotiate a price more consistent with a cheaper guitar. Stop squeezing your fucking nickels so much . . buy a GBJSA . . then come back and talk to us about it. For then and only then will any of you opinions be relavent. Until such a time, just keep buying your less expensive Japanese arch tops, enjoy them for the great guitars they are. . and stop telling everyone (who never asked you in the first place) . . what a fool they are for buying an expensive guitar.

User Info Menu

Write thats probably the most uncomfortable thing I've read on this forum and it shames us all.

What will people think when they come here and read this type of hatred?

Fine Jabba was trolling the JSA Benny, thats what he does, he doesn't like them, he's entitled to an opinion. Yeh I get it, it can piss you off.

Launching at someone in the most vicious and PERSONAL way I have ever seen on a forum, is not the required response (IMO). I was only saying the other day, that this place only need an inch before it turns nasty, real fast (think it was in the Yunzhi thread over Skipp).

You make me not want to be here when I read Shit like that Patrick2 and funnily enough, I know your better than that. Just remove it, Ill remove this and it will all be forgotten. Sure attack his points but not him.

Yes you had some good points but they got totally ruined.

And bloody apologise to Jabba.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ArchtopHeaven
    Write thats probably the most uncomfortable thing I've read on this forum and it shames us all.

What will people think when they come here and read this type of hatred?

Fine Jabba was trolling the JSA Benny, thats what he does, he doesn't like them, he's entitled to an opinion. Yeh I get it, it can piss you off.

Launching at someone in the most vicious and PERSONAL way I have ever seen on a forum, is not the required response (IMO). I was only saying the other day, that this place only need an inch before it turns nasty, real fast (think it was in the Yunzhi thread over Skipp).

You make me not want to be here when I read Shit like that Patrick2 and funnily enough, I know your better than that. Just remove it, Ill remove this and it will all be forgotten. Sure attack his points but not him.

Yes you had some good points but they got totally ruined.

And bloody apologise to Jabba.
    All due respect, Archtop . . I don't respond to posts that I believe be personal attackes on me with any concern what so ever about whether or not they make you want to be here. My post was not one of hatred. It was a well deserved slap down of a grown man who acts like a ill mannered child far too often.

I've been quite restrained about this kind of bull-shit from Jabberwocky . . far more so than he deserves and far more so than is customary for me. If this was the first of such posts, denegrading those of us who are no longer gigging professionals . . or those of us who do not agree with Jabberwocky's opinions, that we should be buying the less expensive guitar of his choices . . rather than the guitars that we chose to buy for our own reasons . . I would have just let it roll off by back like water off a duck. But it's not the first. It's just one of far too many. I'm pretty much sick of his childish and poorly disguised "Jabs" at people like myself.

I have no intention of either removing my post or apologizing to anyone for it. If you really believe that this place only needs and inch before it turns ugly . . then perhaps you might want to council Jabberwocky to keep from going that extra inch. Someone comes at me . . I come back at them even harder. That's my nature. That's who I am and it's not going to change any because you might not want to be here.

Your defense of Jabberwocky here only further exposes that you share those same opinions as he does. I believe you stated as much by classifying these GBJSAs as "furniture" . . in a similar thread on the subject. Then, you went off and got drunk and came back with even more of your nonsense. And you feel you have the right to council ME about MY behavior?? "Gimme a break!!"

I've never spoken out about yours or Jabberwocky's choices on guitars . . or reasons for choosing the ones that you choose. You each need to consider similar courtesies towards others.
    Last edited by Patrick2; 01-14-2015 at 01:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick2
    All due respect, Archtop . . I don't respond to posts that I believe be personal attackes on me with any concern what so ever about whether or not they make you want to be here. My post was not one of hatred. It was a well deserved slap down of a grown man who acts like a ill mannered child far too often.

I've been quite restrained about this kind of bull-shit from Jabberwocky . . far more so than he deserves and far more so than is customary for me. If this was the first of such posts, denegrading those of us who are no longer gigging professionals . . or those of us who do not agree with Jabberwocky's opinions, that we should be buying the less expensive guitar of his choices . . rather than the guitars that we chose to buy for our own reasons . . I would have just let it roll off by back like water off a duck. But it's not the first. It's just one of far too many. I'm pretty much sick of his childish and poorly disguised "Jabs" at people like myself.

I have no intention of either removing my post or apologizing to anyone for it. If you really believe that this place only needs and inch before it turns ugly . . then perhaps you might want to council Jabberwocky to keep from going that extra inch. Someone comes at me . . I come back at them even harder. That's my nature. That's who I am and it's not going to change any because you might not want to be here.

Your defense of Jabberwocky here only further exposes that you share those same opinions as he does. I believe you stated as much by classifying these GBJSAs as "furniture" . . in a similar thread on the subject. Then, you went off and got drunk and came back with even more of your nonsense. And you feel you have the right to council ME about MY behavior?? "Gimme a break!!"

I've never spoken out about yours or Jabberwocky's choices on guitars . . or reasons for choosing the ones that you choose. You each need to consider similar courtesies towards others.

Im not attacking you personally, Im attacking your attack, theres a difference. I'm not the only one who is going to be uncomfortable being around this kind of stuff.

Im not trying to make an exception here, I think even you will admit that post is 'full on' man. Like I said I get it, I get what pulls your goat but look, this is a place for social misfits, left-field nut cases, obsessive compulsives and old folks. I mean most of us are musicians lol that should say enough. Kinda think there should at some point be some brotherhood in that. I don't think attacking each other in this way is healthy, or productive. Like I said whatever good points you had, you ruined and you bloody know that.

Im not on Jabba's side, why should I be? I told you I got no issues either way, I just don't like it when this place gets personal, simple as that! Unfortunately whether you like it or not, Jabba wasn't being personal, you were. Thats why your getting it in the ear from me and if the Mods looked into it, they would probably see it the same way too.

Next time let your points do the talking but remove this crap, it doesn't belong here. Again, your better than that, heck your almost one of the reasons I like this place.

User Info Menu

There was only one line in that post mentioning Patrick's name that could be construed as "damning with faint praise." Obviously we know what was implied, but you should probably let that roll off your back, P2. Jersey Tough, man! (I'm serious...) Jab likes to "take the piss" as the English are wont to say, and it is one of the charms of this group that I don't want to lose.

Regarding criticism of a particular guitar... Nobody should go apoplectic about that. If someone tells me that a Gibson this or that which I own and cherish is a POS or whatever, I will just roll my eyes and mutter to myself "You have no clue what you're talking about, fool" as I sit at the computer. And I'll go on playing it proudly according to my whim. At a certain age one is supposed to feel less challenged by such things. If the person is a real douche - which has happened - into the ignore file they go.

The threads on this forum that go on and on, taking apart an obviously valid instrument... facts and half-truths and rumour and balderdash indiscriminately slung... they are tedious. On all sides of the fray, mind. Not just the side(s) I oppose.

I'm pretty sure I could make nice music on a Guild Benedetto Artist Award. It looks like a cool guitar. Whether I want to pay the prices being asked, and whether I'd ultimately deem it to be better, worse, or just different from my usual favorites, that's my opinion. I'm confident enough in my experience and taste to trust my opinion, but even more importantly, I'm circumspect and open-minded enough to know that in a forum like this it is just a personal opinion - and that others may feel differently.

Pride, foolish pride... don't let it get in the way of civility.

User Info Menu

Im not attacking you personally, Im attacking your attack, theres a difference. I'm not the only one who is going to be uncomfortable being around this kind of stuff.

Im not trying to make an exception here, I think even you will admit that post is 'full on' man. Like I said I get it, I get what pulls your goat but look, this is a place for social misfits, left-field nut cases, obsessive compulsives and old folks. I mean most of us are musicians lol that should say enough. Kinda think there should at some point be some brotherhood in that. I don't think attacking each other in this way is healthy, or productive. Like I said whatever good points you had, you ruined and you bloody know that.

Im not on Jabba's side, why should I be? I told you I got no issues either way, I just don't like it when this place gets personal, simple as that! Unfortunately whether you like it or not, Jabba wasn't being personal, you were. Thats why your getting it in the ear from me and if the Mods looked into it, they would probably see it the same way too.

Next time let your points do the talking but remove this crap, it doesn't belong here. Again, your better than that, heck your almost one of the reasons I like this place.
    My response to Jabber was intentionally harsh. I think you and anyone else who reads it will know that. It was 'full on' by design. If you want me to accept your unasked for council on how I respond to what has been on-going intentional prodding and baiting . . then you need to offer similar council to the guy who's constantly pulling my chain, rather than make excuses for him him as being just another left field musician nut case. I'm a pretty happy going and peaceful person . . until I'm not. That usually happens when I'm continuously prodded into a visceral and harsh response.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpguitar
    There was only one line in that post mentioning Patrick's name that could be construed as "damning with faint praise." Obviously we know what was implied, but you should probably let that roll off your back, P2. Jersey Tough, man! (I'm serious...) Jab likes to "take the piss" as the English are wont to say, and it is one of the charms of this group that I don't want to lose.

Regarding criticism of a particular guitar... Nobody should go apoplectic about that. If someone tells me that a Gibson this or that which I own and cherish is a POS or whatever, I will just roll my eyes and mutter to myself "You have no clue what you're talking about, fool" as I sit at the computer. And I'll go on playing it proudly according to my whim. At a certain age one is supposed to feel less challenged by such things. If the person is a real douche - which has happened - into the ignore file they go.

The threads on this forum that go on and on, taking apart an obviously valid instrument... facts and half-truths and rumour and balderdash indiscriminately slung... they are tedious. On all sides of the fray, mind. Not just the side(s) I oppose.

I'm pretty sure I could make nice music on a Guild Benedetto Artist Award. It looks like a cool guitar. Whether I want to pay the prices being asked, and whether I'd ultimately deem it to be better, worse, or just different from my usual favorites, that's my opinion. I'm confident enough in my experience and taste to trust my opinion, but even more importantly, I'm circumspect and open-minded enough to know that in a forum like this it is just a personal opinion - and that others may feel differently.

Pride, foolish pride... don't let it get in the way of civility.
    Roger, I'm not typically a 'turn the other cheek' person. Yet, I've done so on more than one occasion with this guy. He intentionally attempted to trash any credibility that I, or anyone else not buying guitars specifically as tools of the trade, might have on being able to offer valid input on an instrument. It's not the first, second or third time he's done so. Yeah . . there was only one time he mentioned my name. But, that's not what drew my ire. He's been beating on that same drum, most specifically with me . . for as long as I'm going to tolorate it.

There seems to be an attitude of "we need to just accept Jab . . because that's just the way he is". Sorry man, that level of tolorance is just not in my make-up. If he wants to "take the piss" .. then he needs to point his dick in someone else's direction. Peace, man.

User Info Menu

Peace, indeed. Okay, I hear ya.

I had someone attack me personally (vulgarity, too) on a Facebook guitar group and it completely shocked and blindsided me. All I had done was to post a photo as others were doing, but he apparently had an axe to grind. I exchanged a few salvos, then decided to simply pack my things and leave. One has to weigh the benefits of belonging somewhere under such circumstances. I value this place; that one, not so much. Hence the decision. If someone did that to me here, I'd probably react differently. Hopefully that won't come to pass...

Play on, folks.

User Info Menu

My response to Jabber was intentionally harsh. I think you and anyone else who reads it will know that. It was 'full on' by design. If you want me to accept your unasked for council on how I respond to what has been on-going intentional prodding and baiting . . then you need to offer similar council to the guy who's constantly pulling my chain, rather than make excuses for him him as being just another left field musician nut case. I'm a pretty happy going and peaceful person . . until I'm not. That usually happens when I'm continuously prodded into a visceral and harsh response.
    In my defence Patrick I never said Jabba was a left field musical nutcase.

I think you also need to take into account that it takes two to tango. Your saying Jabba shouldn't be tolerated but I'm sure you are, I'm sure I am, I'm sure many of us are and grateful for it.

Not to get personal but your no angel mate. I've grown to tolerate you just as much as you have me and I hope it continues. You seem to have a reasonably one sided view of this though, I'm sure Jabba tolerates you too, so why are you the one allowed to throw your toys out the pram (figure of speech not meant in a derogative way)?

We all need to show each other equal respect. The best way to do that, is focus on the gear, not each other, otherwise it ends up like this.
    Last edited by ArchtopHeaven; 01-14-2015 at 04:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Roger.

To any here who may have been offended by my harsh post to Jab, please excuse me. The intent of my post was to make it clear to Jab that his posts, with either explicit or veiled references to me, are angering me. So, I imagine that either of two things will happen. Either he'll get the message and stop bustin' my balls . . or, he'll ramp it up in an effort to piss me off and respond even more harshly. I'm hoping for the former. We'll see . . . . .

User Info Menu

I remember one forum member was offended because another didn't care for the playing style of Jim Hall. I kept wondering--Who cares! The same goes with guitars. We all have pretty specific likes with regard to guitars (I know I do), and probably no one shares those same exact views. These are only individual points of preference, so why be attached to them? Note that I am not suggesting apathy, as I very much care about guitars and their players. I feel it is a waste of time and energy however, to "personalize" these ideas and become attached to them. Does it really matter that much, if someone else doesn't share your views on a guitar, or player? It's all about learning and information sharing on this forum IMHO.

User Info Menu

In my defence Patrick I never said Jabba was a left field musical nutcase.
    Yeah, right. Of course you didn't. Why on earth would I ever think that you did?

"Im not trying to make an exception here, I think even you will admit that post is 'full on' man. Like I said I get it, I get what pulls your goat but look, this is a place for social misfits, left-field nut cases, obsessive compulsives and old folks. I mean most of us are musicians lol that should say enough."

Now, can we be done with this?

User Info Menu

Yeah, right. Of course you didn't. Why on earth would I ever think that you did?

"Im not trying to make an exception here, I think even you will admit that post is 'full on' man. Like I said I get it, I get what pulls your goat but look, this is a place for social misfits, left-field nut cases, obsessive compulsives and old folks. I mean most of us are musicians lol that should say enough."

Now, can we be done with this?

I was trying to be light hearted. I mean if you take that seriously, then what are you?

"A left Field Musical Nut Case"

What is Jim Soloway?

"A left field musical nut case"

You see when you try and make it literal, it doesn't bare up. What I'm trying to say is, we all deserve a bit of room, its the internet for Christ's (sorry Wes's) sake.

(Sorry Jim you were the perfect example of sanity, that sprung to mind)

User Info Menu

I was trying to be light hearted. I mean if you take that seriously, then what are you?

"A left Field Musical Nut Case"

What is Jim Soloway?

"A left field musical nut case"

You see when you try and make it literal, it doesn't bare up. What I'm trying to say is, we all deserve a bit of room, its the internet for Christ's (sorry Wes's) sake.

(Sorry Jim you were the perfect example of sanity, that sprung to mind)
    I'll ask again . . can we be done with this now??

User Info Menu

Personally, I take zero issue with J-Dub's opinion on the GBJSA or any other guitar. What stands out to my mind is to trash a guitar based upon what you've read about it from a couple owners on the web, rather than basing one's opinion on personal experience with said guitar.

You'd never hear me trashing a Gibson I've not owned personally. And as Jab' once posted, 'you pays your money and makes your choices'. So, why trash a guitar, or another's choice, that you very well know several on this forum own, or have owned, based upon what you think you know about said guitar. But its the internet...I get it.

User Info Menu

Thanks Roger.

To any here who may have been offended by my harsh post to Jab, please excuse me. The intent of my post was to make it clear to Jab that his posts, with either explicit or veiled references to me, are angering me. So, I imagine that either of two things will happen. Either he'll get the message and stop bustin' my balls . . or, he'll ramp it up in an effort to piss me off and respond even more harshly. I'm hoping for the former. We'll see . . . . .
    Not a frequent poster here, but I'll weigh in and add my support to Patrick. It's unfortunate that the anonymity of forums allow folks to post things that they would probably never say to someone's face. It's also unfortunate when a poster gets flamed for no particular reason. That's not right, and it's not fair. It also shows a complete lack of class.

User Info Menu

If you choose to insult someone you can expect a response. If, without a clue, you denigrate someone's new guitar in a NGD thread, you can expect a response. Yes, it's really (really) tedious. So, don't insult people and keep your BS out of NGD threads.

And someone please friggin' explain to me what the issue with a 25 9/16 scale length is? Yea.. more string tension. And? Millions of players deal with 25 1/2 scale lengths and heavy strings on flat tops every day. And then there are the long scale, albeit with lighter strings, gypsy jazz guitars. I like a 25" scale but if a guitar sounds great, I'll tolerate a bit more string tension.

User Info Menu

Amusingly, turns out that 25 9/16 inches is equal to 649.29 mm. That's shorter by a teensy fraction than a standard classical guitar (650mm)!! What are we arguing about??!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpguitar
    Amusingly, turns out that 25 9/16 inches is equal to 649.29 mm. That's shorter by a teensy fraction than a standard classical guitar (650mm)!! What are we arguing about??!
    Well . . I think as it relates to the difference between 25-9/16" vs 25-1/2" . . we're arguing about perceptions driven by numerical differences . . rather than the actually reality of the miniscule difference that a sixteenth of an inch would make in the ability to play the guitar with the 25-9/16" scale. It's probably a more plausible concern as it relates to tone . . than it is playability. I'd go from my Gibson L5 guitars . . the my GBJSA without noticing any difference in playability. But . . tone?? Ahhh . . that a different conversation!