Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

1. Guitars and guitar related equipment only.

2. Three For Sale posts per calendar month per member. You may list multiple items in a post. We will need to police ourselves on this rule. Please report abusers by clicking the red triangle icon

3. Pick a prefix in the dropdown box, [For Sale] or [WTB] for example.

4. Include the price in your post.

5. If you are selling something, do not turn off the private message feature. It is highly recommended to make your email public on your profile as well. You may wish to set up a separate email account just for conducting such business. Please send all offers/inquiries to the seller via private message. Please do not conduct business/haggling as a public discussion within a thread.

6. Jazzguitar.be assumes NO liability in the case of ANY business transactions between it's members. The site will not act as a third party for any monetary transactions. Be smart. Nobody's going to hold your hand if you get ripped off. If something feels "wrong" about a deal, it probably is.

7. Any posts violating these rules will be deleted.

8. When your item is sold, edit your post (Go Advanced) and put the "Sold" prefix or just delete your thread.

I ask everyone to be diligent in the reporting of posts that break the rules. The rules are subject to change if policies are frequently broken/abused. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

In addition, we ask everyone who's selling, trading, ... to choose a prefix when making his post:

Selling Stuff? Read here first!-prefix-jpg

Also choose a post icon that indicates the regions you are willing to ship to:

Selling Stuff? Read here first!-icon-jpg

Thanks!
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great ideas Jeff, I think those should hold up well.
    Oh, hi - if interested, I post a lot of playing/practice clips at www.instagram.com/JakeEstner

User Info Menu

Bravo Jeff!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Mr. Beaumont. Clear and fair rules. Rules give the forum some order. We could all use some rules, even the self-styled rebels.

User Info Menu

Thanks Mr Beaumont. Well balanced decision... as always !

User Info Menu

You might even add: any posts deemed questionable or not abiding by the rules set forth may be deleted at the sole discretion of the moderator or the administrator at any time.

User Info Menu

wooooo layin' down da law!

User Info Menu

I think it's amazing that the forum got until now without this rule - it says a lot. So far I had only seen sales between regular forum members but it's a good idea to stop guys from signing in just to sell and went away - after all that's not the point of this forum.

Silly question: if you find a good deal online it's ok to make a post saying "hey guys look at this 175 at a great price"?

User Info Menu

I see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to regulate sales on a website. I'm a moderator on a large scale model car site and if we didn't have some rules about sales, we'd have a big mess on our hands. Rules don't restrict business, they keep it organized and fair. Great work, Mr. B.

User Info Menu

Seems like a fair policy to me..

User Info Menu

It's very fair and it's needed. People who don't like it have Craigslist and Ebay.

User Info Menu

Most forums have rules similar to this so I see no problem with it. The policy is fair and makes sense.
    Don't know what that one dude's problem was, but sounds like a guy who would have started a fist fight in an anger management class when asked to find his inner "chi".

This message has been brought to you by Rice A Roni, yes, Rice A Roni, the San Fransisco treat! And nothing goes better with Rice A Roni than Coors Light, born in the rocky mountain waters and now made with fewer calories to help you fit into your Levi's Jeans, where jeans are not only a product, they're a way of life.
    Last edited by Retroman1969; 04-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Seems like a fair and sensible policy to me. 50 posts? Well a guy can always contribute a bit or at least ask some questions, let everyone get to know him. And I agree - there are lots of places to buy and sell guitars/amps/gizmos. This is a great site thanks, in large part, to its moderators.

Joe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Retroman1969 View Post

This message has been brought to you by Rice A Roni, yes, Rice A Roni, the San Fransisco treat! And nothing goes better with Rice A Roni than Coors Light, born in the rocky mountain waters and now made with fewer calories to help you fit into your Levi's Jeans, where jeans are not only a product, they're a way of life.

Yes! A true jazz musician. Living off of 99 cent boxes of Rice A Roni and some Coors beer. Rice a Roni and Ramen noodles . The dinner of starving musicians everywhere!

User Info Menu

Very reasonable rules IMO.This forum is such a valuable resource for members of the community in many ways, but primarily jazz education. The ability to buy/sell within the community is nice too (heaven knows we love the gear), but if you're just stopping in because the ad space is free, keep going.
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints...

User Info Menu

Thanks for establishing some rules Jeff! They are very fair and in the spirit of this forum a big Way To Go!!!!

Nuff Said Guest
    I tried to sell my Grandmother on here, but the post has vanished.

Are we restricted to only Guitars, Amps and Gizmos?

I would have thought that my Grandmother would be classed as being in the "Gizmo" category.

Nuff

User Info Menu

Per the rules:

7. Guitars and guitar related equipment only. Questionable posts will be deleted.

8. Any posts violating these rules will be deleted.

Besides, your grandmother is not yours to sell...now, she's had you for sale on craigslist for months, but there have been no reasonable offers.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

User Info Menu

Mr b how do we stand on 1) WTB sections 2) pointing out potential good business on other websites.

Have seen both from time to time on the forum.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

If you read the fine print, Grandma's only for rent.

User Info Menu

Read all the above and agree with MrB-it is a sensible and common sense approach-has my backing.

User Info Menu

Hi Mr B. I am an avid reader of this forum and i would immagine that i have posted more than 50 times. How would i check this? I am wanting to sell a Peerless Manhattan. Thanks and good job on the housekeeping.
    Looks like it was needed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by benjazzman82 View Post
    Hi Mr B. I am an avid reader of this forum and i would immagine that i have posted more than 50 times. How would i check this? I am wanting to sell a Peerless Manhattan. Thanks and good job on the housekeeping.
    Looks like it was needed
    Look at the right corner of your post. It says how many you've posted

User Info Menu

Thanks alot. Ill get posting then.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonD View Post
    If you read the fine print, Grandma's only for rent.
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726 View Post
    I wonder how much I could get for my wife?
    Maybe a fair trade on a stringless, Asian-made ukelele?
    I'll even pay to have her mother as part of the deal
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    Last edited by oldane; 05-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
    "But if they all play like me, then who am I?" (Lester Young)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oldane View Post
    I might consider such a trade provided you wife is a small body version and is set up with a wound G-string. No need to include your mother-in-law, though. Mothers-in-law have had low resale value lately.

(OK, OK, I know. Rule no. 7.)
    I think the first requirement (on the wife) can be fulfilled. I keep telling her to eat since I already have a bicycle and have no need to ride another.
    Tough bargaining on the M-I-L - I said I would pay to unload her!

User Info Menu

I visit frequently, but post rarely. I don't have anywhere near 50 posts, but the rules you have laid out sure seem fair to me.
    When I buy from a post in a forum, I like to see that the seller has actually been around for a while and didn't join just to fleece someone and run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726 View Post
    I said I would pay to unload her!
    You did, and that worries me.
    "But if they all play like me, then who am I?" (Lester Young)

User Info Menu

Nice rules!

While can I sharing something interesting in the forum, just find it unexpected but really nice.

It will be sharing or will be defined as sell?

Regards!

User Info Menu

was this sticky here the whole time? so my foolish email to the mods tonight was indeed foolish? lol I can't read haha

User Info Menu

$25 + free shipping!
    to Continental USA. Others contact me for arrangements.,,,

I'm Kojo - I have an M-Audio guitar-PC interface that works great and does what it's supposed to do without a hitch.
    It's for electric guitars. Also has XLR in, for mic, guitars with XLR plugs (Parker, etc.)

This one is sleek looking, metal-look (not plastic-looking). To use the microphone, you'll need a mic with Phantom Power 48 volts. M-Audio makes this type of microphone, not expensive at all; or if you have an external phantom power source, you're in luck. With the microphone, you can make super recordings of your acoustic guitars, vocals, etc.

To record your electric, or acoustic-electric, this is all you need (besides a guitar and cables.)

PayPal accepted. No credit cards (have no chunker) - money orders, checks, cash.

PM me.

Here it is:

Last edited by Kojo27; 10-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Why not add a forum section specifically for buying/selling/trading?

That would be the easiest thing.

User Info Menu

Why not just observe the decorum of this forum? That would be easy.

9 posts and counting. 41 more to go. That is easy.

User Info Menu

If you were an occasional seller you'd not find it a moot point, for there are many threads in the FS that take on a life of their own simply by the number OT comments made to a members FS thread.

In the half dozen or so times I've created a thread, to list a guitar FS, I've closed several threads, and simply initiated a new, CLEAN, thread.

Sure, it's an open forum...But...if you're the one selling the item you've zero amount of control of how undesirable comments can and do impact your attempted sale...BUYERS don't want to sift through a lot of needless drama, and OT posts...this reflects negatively on a sellers post. So, the only control a seller has to even keep his sale post on topic, is to delete his ad, and start anew. That's been my personal experience.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything. Very strict rules and it makes sense. You can ask questions or say how much you love that piece of gear.

It's nobodies business what your selling price is or why. It's nobodies business to say where you can get it cheaper. It's not anyone's role to say they got it cheaper, or wait or look around. Obviously each forum decides to operate they way they choose to, but this way makes the most sense to me. The seller is trying to sell. Everything else should be via PM.

My two.
    Last edited by henryrobinett; 04-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

That's great, sounds like true classified ads...This forum does not have the manpower. So we either get it, or deal with with what our overworked moderation can physically do in a day.

That's all i'm trying to say folks.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
    Agree with 2b 100%. I've been on a few forums designed for selling and buying. Gearslutz for audio recording gear for the main. You aren't allowed to comment on the price or virtually anything.
    I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.
    "Learn the repertoire. It’s all in the songs. If you learn 200 songs, you will have no problem improvising."
    Frank Vignola

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes View Post
    I get that. What several people here seem NOT to get is this: this is NOT a forum designed for selling and buying. It's a forum designed for TALKING. If people want to lobby for having (and paying to run) classified ads here, go for it. But to say you want to use a free forum to sell your stuff but won't allow any other member to comment on it, you're asking for too much for free.

The good news is that those who want to pay to run ads on which no one can comment now know several places where they can do it. Finally, everyone is happy.
    I understand. But there's online selling and buying etiquette. Not just classified.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRhodes View Post

Now that its been explained like this, 2b gets it. This forum simply isn't the typical forum whereby someone is accustomed to different rules governing a FS listing.

So, that said, everything is perfect as it is. Anyone can post anything they choose at anytime. And any seller can simply delete their ad, at any time, and simply begin anew with a fresh ad, if he chooses. Everyone gets the freedom to express themselves, and since the item IS owned by the seller he/she gets the control they need should an ad go way beyond the scope of their desires.

In short, leave ev'thing just as it is...It requires zero moderation...unless of course, someone should choose to post nudes with their guitar...actually, not a bad idea...Jack, I've got an idea for your next listing.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

What does the prefix "PSA" stand for?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly View Post
    What does the prefix "PSA" stand for?
    Public Service Announcement. It identifies a post in the “For Sale” section that highlights a guitar/amp etc. being sold somewhere other than the Jazz Guitar Forum (e.g., the Steel Guitar Forum or Guitar Center). Generally used to bring good deals or unusual listings to the attention of Forum members.