The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello all,

This is my first post since joining.

I recently purchased a Deluxe 90 used in "Good Condition" online from Guitar Center, along with a lovely Ibanez AF-55, which plays like a dream. Anyway, the Deluxe 90 is a Deluxe headache. The the left side of the amp (Inputs 1 & 2, Volume, Treble, Mid and Bass) doesn't work at all. The right side (Drive, Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and Reverb) doesn't work either. It's stuck on a channel that hisses when I turn the Drive up slightly, and the volume is stuck at max so I got to use my handy-dandy speed knobs. But the main reason I bought this used was for the Reverb, and the budget I am on.

Have I bought a lemon? Or am I just dumb and it is an easy fix?

Thank you for your time,

Have a pleasant day,

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I dont knwo about the amp, my forst thoughts are a guarantee at GC.

User Info Menu

Not much you can do. Using a good patch cord?
    Quote Originally Posted by NewToThis
    Hello all,

I recently purchased a Deluxe 90 used in "Good Condition" online from Guitar Center, along with a lovely Ibanez AF-55, which plays like a dream. Anyway, the Deluxe 90 is a Deluxe headache. The the left side of the amp (Inputs 1 & 2, Volume, Treble, Mid and Bass) doesn't work at all. The right side (Drive, Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and Reverb) doesn't work either. It's stuck on a channel that hisses when I turn the Drive up slightly, and the volume is stuck at max so I got to use my handy-dandy speed knobs. But the main reason I bought this used was for the Reverb, and the budget I am on.

Thank you for your time,

Have a pleasant day,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NewToThis
    Hello all,

Thank you for your time,

Have a pleasant day,
    I have never dealt with a GC, but it seems to me a prompt replacement and a sincere "Sorry about that" are in order. It's possible a little DeOxit might help, but that should be on the store. Good luck resolving this issue!

User Info Menu

Welcome to JGP -- you have found a cool, low-key high-content spot on the internet.

+ + +

Guitar Denter offers a pretty lengthy return period. If you can't switch channels by hand with the little "Ch Select" button near the Channel 2 volume, it's broken and you should bring it back while you can.

If it's too late, the advice about using DeOxIt on the jacks is sound. Also, see if you can borrow a Fender foot-pedal and switch it that way.

All good luck to you

User Info Menu

GC really should stand behind that. I'd take it back promptly.

User Info Menu

Return. Return.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    you have found a cool, low-key high-content spot on the internet.
    Love that description!