The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Happy to share my NGD with you guys. I have been on the hunt for a carved archtop mainly to play at home, but if it had a pickup also for gigs in certain situations. Unfortunately, as some of you might have seen on a thread here a beautiful 1935 Gibson L-50 I bought months back for this task was giving me a lot of thumb pain in my left hand so I had to go back to the drawing board as the idea of damaging my hand was too much.

I have always admired Trenier's work, but I had assumed acquiring would be out of reach due to a few factors, including the wait time on new builds, scarcity on the used market with specs I would want, pricing, etc. I was watching an old model that popped up a few weeks back on Reverb and just kept waiting and watching. I reached out to Bryant himself as I had not seen any model like this from him and could not find anything on a Custom RW online. Bryant was kind and gracious enough to answer me back quickly, saying that this was built as a one off custom order for a customer from 2006. Here are some of the specs.

• Body size at lower bout: 16 "
    • Body Depth: 2 3/4"
    • Solid bookmatched handcarved European spruce top
    • handcarved figured black walnut back and sides
    • solid 2-piece mahogany neck
    • solid ebony fingerboard
    • pearl headstock logo
    • curly maple body binding
    • solid bone nut

It arrived this past Monday and I am in love. I have not put it down. It is a nice contrast for my other archtop, a Benedetto Bravo pictured below together.

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9756-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9755-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9758-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9757-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9761-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9760-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9759-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9764-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9765-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9762-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-62361403364-04c40019-2886-4000-bbe7-bd3beb790c5b-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9766-jpg

2006 Trenier Custom RW-img-9769-jpg
    Last edited by Paulie2; 01-28-2021 at 11:01 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful instrument. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Paulie2,
    Congrats - this is a beauty ! Now you know the sonic quality of a Trenier. Bryants instruments have a very refined tone, with great balance, responsiveness and volume - which is the result of performing the final voicing after the neck is attached- just like Jim D’Aquisto.

Wishing you many hours of enjoyment.

User Info Menu

a HUGE Congrats ! Beautiful. Jimmy lives on through Bryant. He took the DAQ torch and ran with it.

User Info Menu

Congrats! I saw that one for sale. It was well-priced.

User Info Menu

Very nice - congrats!!

User Info Menu

Oh my!

Congrats!