The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Every guitar I have tested German ABM ABR-1 bridges have started to sound better. My ES-LP too, I don’t miss the titanium saddles at all.

ABM High Quality German Guitar Parts, ABR-Style guitar bridge

’Better?’ You might ask. I mean more musical, more ringing, more unity of the whole of the guitar.

Yes, not a scientific answer – but I didn’t use words ’woody’, ’three-dimensional’ nor ’transparent’!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Hope you removed all the burrs. Smooth to your touch? Otherwise, strings that go snap in the dark.
    Thanks for the excellent advise Jabber!

I'll double check for smoothness tomorrow.
    I didn't notice any burrs, but maybe there are some edges that could stand to be softened.
    I have rudimentary metalsmithing skills under my belt, so shouldn't present a problem.

User Info Menu

yes you never want any sharp edges on the string path..thats what breaks'em...you can also rub a little soft pencil graphite into the slots for added smoothness/lubrication

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    Two of my CME Gibsons
    Pardon my ignorance. but what is a CME Gibson?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Roberts View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. but what is a CME Gibson?
    In 2017, when Henry J was facing foreclosure of Gibson, he sold many guitars through Chicago Music Exchange to the public at wholesale prices (I am sure his other dealers were furious). Some of these guitars were perfect, others were returns and had flaws. I bought 4 of these ( two of which had cosmetic flaws and I moved them along on my local Craigslist) and I still have two of them (which were perfect).

It did not work out for Henry J as he lost Gibson soon after the sale. But for many of those of us who bought these guitars, it worked out exceptionally well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Every guitar I have tested German ABM ABR-1 bridges have started to sound better. My ES-LP too, I don’t miss the titanium saddles at all.
    ABM High Quality German Guitar Parts, ABR-Style guitar bridge
    ’Better?’ You might ask. I mean more musical, more ringing, more unity of the whole of the guitar. Yes, not a scientific answer – but I didn’t use words ’woody’, ’three-dimensional’ nor ’transparent’!
    Yes, it's an old post, but for those who are concerned about losing the haunting mids if they change saddles, there is an answer:

Attached Images Attached Images Titanium saddles-jhs-hauntingmids-jpg