The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 33

User Info Menu

I hope to get a custom guitar from Victor Baker in the near future but for now I am enjoying his blog. Lots of cool designs and I enjoy watching the build progress.

His newest build caught my eye and I thought it might be of interest to some of you as well. Apparantly it is based on the Klein designs but with an archtop vibe (custom specs from client).

Not something I'd go for but thought it was cool none the less! If you dig build threads, check out Baker's blog:

Inside Victor Baker's Shop

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    nice.
    Yeah, should be cool. I can totally see Tim Miller rockin' this one!

User Info Menu

Wow, very cool! And Dan Phillips is quite a player, so that will be awesome.

Marc

User Info Menu

Ebony fingerboard...great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Wow, very cool! And Dan Phillips is quite a player, so that will be awesome.

Marc
    Thanks for the heads up, hadn't thought to look Dan up.

Purchasing 'Destination Unknown' now and looking forward to giving it a spin!

User Info Menu

I love the headless neck + Steinberger (?) tuner-tailpiece combo, but I'm not loving the butt-cheek design it often gives the body. I wonder if you did this on a solid body guitar (say a Tele-style body), if you could get away with a doughnut hole design instead.

check out canton guitars, he built one for alan holdsworth using the the last designed steinberger trem (trans trem 3), anyways, that has no cutaway, a normal (within reason) rear end. rekon you could fit that onto a tele or another guitar.

Allan Holdsworth

also check out Stranberg guitar works. Ola makes lightweight headless trems, designed to retrofit a floyd cavity (or most tremolo guitars with a little work.) he's got a picture somewhere of a strat with one in.....

Strandberg Guitarworks 2009 May

here you go, not pretty, but ya get the idea.

User Info Menu

Here's the Koll version;

Koll RE 7 / 6

Koll Guitar Company

Cool design

User Info Menu

wow .... wonderful ergo style ... I ever listen to his old one that made from Thai luthier and it's great sound ...

But the new one " Victor Baker " !!

ps Dan Phillips is Great Player for me ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    I love the headless neck + Steinberger (?) tuner-tailpiece combo, but I'm not loving the butt-cheek design it often gives the body. I wonder if you did this on a solid body guitar (say a Tele-style body), if you could get away with a doughnut hole design instead.
    I'm sure you could get any design you wanted. Baker built this one based on design specs from his client.

I'm a little more traditional myself so I'm leaning towards a laminate archtop or maybe something similar to what Hekselman is playing:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    Here's the Koll version;

Koll RE 7 / 6

Koll Guitar Company

Cool design

Hellooooooooo gorgeous.

Want

1000x want.

User Info Menu

Here's the Koll version;

Koll RE 7 / 6

Koll Guitar Company

Cool design

Koll does some nice work. Looks like tuning that high E would be an interesting task. Hard to tell from just a pic though.

User Info Menu

Lookin' pretty sweet!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzpunk
    Lookin' pretty sweet!

Oh Yeah!

User Info Menu

Looks great.

Love the low BS colors and binding.

CP

User Info Menu

Look great!
    ...and sounds..?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    ...and sounds..?
    I think we'll have to wait for the pick ups to be installed.

Hopefully he'll do a video demo for this one as I'm very curious myself.

User Info Menu

What an intriguing design! Looks like the offspring of a Moffa Lorraine and a Klein!

this guy just builds the most amazing stuff, just the right arm bevel on the body is enough to make me tingle.....

User Info Menu

My eyes are burning!!! Awesome.

User Info Menu

It's finished: Inside Victor Baker's Shop Very cool.

User Info Menu

Here's the Koll version;

Koll RE 7 / 6

Koll Guitar Company

Cool design

Saul's been building these for many years. I consider it to be one of the most elegant guitar designs I've ever seen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Saul's been building these for many years. I consider it to be one of the most elegant guitar designs I've ever seen.
    Hi Jim,
    Yeah, Saul's design is killer -- I've always liked it, too (and I'm a fanned-fret fan, so I gotta love it!).

Marc