The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 134 of 134

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    I tried going upwards and it also sounded awkward to me also. That's why I was asking if you had a different way. I was trying out scalar warmups like 3rds up the scale, turns down the scale. Thought it would be nice if there was a Peter's Bebop (...Pebop?) way to go up the scale.
    I’ll try and make it work later today. I feel like it probably could?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamosmusic View Post
    I’ll try and make it work later today. I feel like it probably could?
    There's no reason to make the turns work that way if they weren't like that in Bebop. We are talking about studying an 80 year old style of music.

User Info Menu

There's no reason to make the turns work that way if they weren't like that in Bebop. We are talking about studying an 80 year old style of music.
    I guess that’s fair.

Flip side being that part of the fun is seeing how these things apply in other contexts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pamosmusic View Post
    I guess that’s fair.

Flip side being that part of the fun is seeing how these things apply in other contexts.
    Now now. Set a goal and stay focused on it. We only have so much time.

User Info Menu

Now now. Set a goal and stay focused on it. We only have so much time.
    Oh man, if only you could see the inside of my head.

For whatever it’s worth, this particular finale document is eight pages long and counting, so we’re already well into “dont have time for this” territory

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Alright for whatever this is worth, I revived my ancient dusty Patreon page, mostly just to keep myself working on this. I'll post probably some longer videos on there and more full versions of PDFs etc.

Right here.

The questions you're probably asking:

Q: One dollar?
    A: Yes, one dollar. Or whatever.

Q: Will you post stuff here still?
    A: Yes. Probably just shortened versions of videos and excerpts from the PDFs like I am already.

Q: Is this necessary?
    A: Almost certainly not. I'm a huge dork and will probably continue working on this either way.

Carry on.

User Info Menu

And here is phase two of those diatonic turns. Nothing fancy yet, just the next part of practicing them.

User Info Menu

Alright and here’s one for accent patterns.

ended up way longer than I meant, but oh well.

So these few videos should cover some of the basics on the turns and the accents, and I guess ways I think about practicing them. I’ll slow the pace a bit now and try to start putting together some stuff that’s a little cooler.