The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

I am looking for QUALITY IR's of high-end classical guitars, recorded with HIGH END mics so can load them into my Helix Stomp , using them in tandem with the various EQ, compression and reverb patches, thereby making the use of an extra/external mic obsolete. The LYRIC pickup in my guitar is not bad at all but it's still an under-saddle piezo design with many of the known deficits....
    Anybody here have any pointers for me ? In theory this shouldn't be so difficult to produce ....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Classical Guitars Archives - 3 Sigma Audio

IR database - Acoustic IR

Acoustic IR – ChopTones

These are the ones I know, although I never tried them. As said above, try messing with the mix knob. Also, in the HX Stomp, I've read the Tube Preamp and the LA-2A compressor work wonders with acoustics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984 View Post
    Classical Guitars Archives - 3 Sigma Audio

IR database - Acoustic IR

Acoustic IR – ChopTones

These are the ones I know, although I never tried them. As said above, try messing with the mix knob. Also, in the HX Stomp, I've read the Tube Preamp and the LA-2A compressor work wonders with acoustics.
    Thanks, these are already in my sight but I have not tried them yet. And yes, the Tube preamp in the Helix is quite nice , especially in combination with the EQ's ....

User Info Menu

Did you also see this?
    How do I get my own guitar IR? - Acoustic IR

While an off-the-shelf model made with high quality gear and pickup X may improve the sound of your different-quality guitar with pickup Y, it may also introduce artifacts or make your instrument sound watery or increase its boomy nature.

(I had forgotten Cuki79 wants to be contacted through the american gött fearing forum. That's a bit of a potential obstacle.)