The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 142 of 142

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    The jazz content is nice, but Matt just isn't sociopathic enough for Tom. Too cloying in his sucking up and just not dangerous enough. Jude is way too pretty for Dickie. In fact, the whole cast is way too pretty :-)

Except for Phillip Seymour of course, who nails his part perfectly. As usual.

The original - -

Purple Noon (1960) : Rene Clement : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive..........

!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    The jazz content is nice, but Matt just isn't sociopathic enough for Tom. Too cloying in his sucking up and just not dangerous enough. Jude is way too pretty for Dickie. In fact, the whole cast is way too pretty :-)

Except for Phillip Seymour of course, who nails his part perfectly. As usual.

Way too bad about PSH......

Sure miss him !

User Info Menu

I'm re-watching the 2000's reboot of BattleStar Galactica at the moment. The characters, the relationships, the metaphysical elements, the tension - they all amount to what may be the most compelling SF show of all time in my opinion. And Gaius Baltar. who looks surprisingly like my project manager, is surely one of the greatest comic creations of all time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CliffR View Post
    I'm re-watching the 2000's reboot of BattleStar Galactica at the moment. The characters, the relationships, the metaphysical elements, the tension - they all amount to what may be the most compelling SF show of all time in my opinion. And Gaius Baltar. who looks surprisingly like my project manager, is surely one of the greatest comic creations of all time.
    Dean Stockwell and the mighty Lawless also have their comic (and sinister) moments.

I think it’s the level of the performances and character writing which elevates that show, many great actors who are sadly no longer with us. (Richard Hatch is great in it, clearly having an amazing time playing against type. Who knew?)

The Expanse for example is really good but doesn’t match the level of the ensemble cast which is up there with any show I can think of. Firefly gets close out of the SF shows, but didn’t get a chance (I’m still upset lol.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

We’re rewatching Community… Great show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim View Post
    I had seen the movie version, "The Talented Mr. Ripley", and I was expecting something completely different In the movie, they had Jude Law playing the Dickie character as a wanna be jazz sax player, and jazz is all over the place in the film. There's a scene where Matt Damon as Ripley learns Chet Baker's version of "My Funny Valentine", and actually sings it in an Italian jazz club. There's also a scene at an Italian Jazz Festival in Umbria.

Apparently, none of this was in Highsmith's book (which I didn't read), or Ripley. It was still a good adaptation, but no jazz.
    Isn’t John Martyn in it briefly?

Luther - British sickos are the worst.

Great series.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by A. Kingstone View Post
    Luther - British sickos are the worst.

Great series.
    Loved Ruth Wilson in that!
    Just finished "Killing Eve"on Netflix. It was definitely worth the wait. Jodie Comer was a psychopath to end all psychopaths, but Fiona Shaw was even worse! Just stay away from British women altogether; like Villanelle, just say something they don't like, and you're a dead man!
    They speak every language known to man, can imitate US accents, so they're even taking roles away from our poor US actors and actresses left and right!
    We should build a wall somewhere in the Atlantic so they can't swim over here anymore. I don't know what to do about planes, though...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller View Post
    Isn’t John Martyn in it briefly?

I don't know, I'll have to look it up.
    He was on the soundtrack singing and/ or playing "You Don't Know What Love Is"
    Last edited by sgcim; 05-18-2024 at 05:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    Loved Ruth Wilson in that!
    Just finished "Killing Eve"on Netflix. It was definitely worth the wait. Jodie Comer was a psychopath to end all psychopaths, but Fiona Shaw was even worse! Just stay away from British women altogether; like Villanelle, just say something they don't like, and you're a dead man!
    They speak every language known to man, can imitate US accents, so they're even taking roles away from our poor US actors and actresses left and right!
    We should build a wall somewhere in the Atlantic so they can't swim over here anymore. I don't know what to do about planes, though...
    Ruth flipping Wilson

That is all

User Info Menu

" And what / how we watch tv content on them " ( ? ) ..

Sorry if this is ot, and hope it becomes another topic, more clearly introduced by someone more knowledgeable than myself..: ) .....
    But lately I've been looking for a replacement for my 12+ year old plasma, and it's been an eye opener.
    In the last month, I learned that WalMart has purchased Vizio corp. for around $ 2 BB, and the word is that if you thought you saw too many ads before, just buy any new ' smart tv ' tv now and try to disable the Google os and the ads with it......

I may just hang on to this plasma.......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller View Post
    I think it’s the level of the performances and character writing which elevates that show, many great actors who are sadly no longer with us. (Richard Hatch is great in it, clearly having an amazing time playing against type. Who knew?)
    Yes! Not a coincidence that Moore's latest - For All Mankind - is also very strong on character.

A couple of fun related videos.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CliffR View Post
    Yes! Not a coincidence that Moore's latest - For All Mankind - is also very strong on character.

A couple of fun related videos.

It’s his main thing. I kind of feel all the nerds who moaned about the lack of ‘logic’ about the ending missed the point of Moores writing altogether. Anyway haven’t got round to FAM yet.

User Info Menu

It's well worth watching, although very different. A much slower pace, for one thing.

The Fall

I amend my statement to United Kingdom sickos are the worst.

User Info Menu

I'm watching Animal Kingdom on Amazon Prime.

User Info Menu

Ciao House on the Food Network. The current series is all being filmed in Puglia, Italy. This is where my wife grew up and where I just came back from. Puglia is really getting a lot of attention these days. E.g. The G7 will be hosting their event there in June. I believe this will be the biggest event ever held in that area.

Funny, but when I was there back there in early May, none of the locals knew about the G7 (but they did know that Justin Timberlake got married there, and Madonna stays in the area often!). I asked them if they wondered why so many of their roads\highways were being repaired. They didn't know, so I had to tell them: Italian leaders in Rome didn't wish for world leaders to see some of the poor conditions that exist in Southern Italy. Note the same thing happened to San Francisco, CA\USA, the last place the G7 was held. I.e. the city leaders found a way to get the homeless and\or drug addicts off the street (well at least for a week).