The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 179 of 179

User Info Menu

Jack had a lot of insights into ES175 clones that "thunk" (at least I believe it was him) and it saved me a lot of money picking up what would be the wrong models for what I was looking for. Banned or not I appreciate his honesty and experience sharing for that on this forum

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chris32895 View Post
    Jack had a lot of insights into ES175 clones that "thunk" (at least I believe it was him) and it saved me a lot of money picking up what would be the wrong models for what I was looking for. Banned or not I appreciate his honesty and experience sharing for that on this forum
    Did you get a clone?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy View Post
    Did you get a clone?
    In the end no, but I almost did several times (including a Peerless Gigmaster). Actually the one exception is an Epiphone 175 which I really did not like at all and sold it very quickly. I wanted a guitar with that thunky sound if I were to get a laminate, 175 copy and found the only one that scratched that itch for me were the Archtop Tribute models. After figuring the expense w/ case, shipping, import duties I found it was out of my price range for the time being and made different criteria.

I ended up figuring out that I like blonde, single pickup archtops with a less deep body (the only good thing to come from the Epi 175 was learning the deep body is not for me) and happened upon my current Ibanez PM35 which has made me very happy and has a nice thunky, woody sound I like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Banned on the run!