The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Para
    I considered a Biltoft VV CC it was a choice between the 2 but after listening to sound clips of both pickups for me the Lollar had the sound I preferred but that would not stop me using VV pickups in the future. Like you, once I find the sound I like I stick with it.
    Do you remember any specific videos? I saw a couple with the Lollar HCC, but not the VV (in an archtop).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    I've heard alot of people seem to like the 5's in the neck (to keep it from getting to muddy, but these aren't jazzers, these are guys dropping them into les pauls and teles), and 2's in the bridge to keep it from getting to bright/harsh.

I'll probably order a set from Biltoft for my Broadway, and I'll probably get 2's and 5's, for these reasons.
    Good point! Thanks!

User Info Menu

The VV CC neck is 6.8k far to hot for my liking and I'm not convinced on the exposed coils idea.

User Info Menu

Here is the Lollar HB CC in a D'aquisto.

The only one I can find of the VV CC is this one all the others are tele and sound crap IMO.

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

In my CC Rider (Peter Biltoft) neck p/up in my G&L Asat 3 semi hollow I ended up liking the ceramic magnet over the alnico magnets. Seem to have more definition and that Jazz guitar tone I was after.