The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 44 of 44

User Info Menu

I have CC Rider Humbucker,or Double Charlie suspended on my Elferink Tonemaster arch top guitar. It directly replaced my Kent Armstrong 12 pole piece floater HUmbucker. LOVE IT!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Archtop
    Hi Doug,

I'm the owner of the L5C presented above, with the CC floater from Pete Biltoft. There will be no misbalance between the strings if your guitar has a nice acoustic sound. I also asked the same question to Pete when he was about to build thsi floater for me. He adviced not to notch the bar, as some used to do under the B string, on my guitar. And he was right !

Cheers.
    Fred your tone is superb as is your fine playing. I'm sold haha! Looking forward to trying this. I put my order in already! Thank you!

User Info Menu

Wise choice Doug to go for a Biltoft’ floater. I also have a CC unit from Pete installed on my ES-300. Great tone too.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Well I got mine and I think it looks right at home on this 18" Eastman. Yes??

SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-wx_camera_1534474822072-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitpicker
    Well I got mine and I think it looks right at home on this 18" Eastman. Yes??

SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-wx_camera_1534474822072-jpg
    Well this is a few years old, not sure if you'll see this, but I have a dumb question: how is the pickup held in place? Is it attached to the pickguard? That seems odd to me, but I suppose it works? Thanks.

Tom

User Info Menu

Those Biltoft CCRider pickups are great ! I mounted one on a tele in 2008 and still use it with as much pleasure as on the first day !

User Info Menu

Love my Biltoft CC floater!
    SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-e28763d1-cb81-4a01-9db5-44ec3ed3fba6-jpeg

User Info Menu

18”? oh yeah!

SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-88c904fc-cdf2-463b-9424-d883c97fd8df-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Esport
    Love my Biltoft CC floater!
    SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-e28763d1-cb81-4a01-9db5-44ec3ed3fba6-jpeg
    Guitar looks great! Is the jack under the pickguard or in the lower bout? Thanks.

Tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TPMCD
    Guitar looks great! Is the jack under the pickguard or in the lower bout? Thanks.

Tom
    Thanks, Tom. It’s still in the stock location on the lower bout.

User Info Menu

These guitars all look great. I took the Biltoft floater off my 18" Eastman a while back and re-installed it on this custom non-cutaway Eastman and I enjoy it as much as ever. Looks and sounds great. Still very happy with the pickup.

SUSPENDED Charlie Christian - Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe-img_3880-copy-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Does string choice (flat vs round) matter with these suspended pickups? I'm new to flats and arch tops in general, apologies for a potentially stupid question.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitpicker
    I took the Biltoft floater off my 18" Eastman
    An 18” Eastman??? I thought I knew a fair amount about Eastman, but I never heard of one bigger than my 17. Please tell me more!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitars You guys have!

Sorry for a stupid question, but what is ’suspended’ CC pickup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Beautiful guitars You guys have!

Sorry for a stupid question, but what is ’suspended’ CC pickup?
    suspended=floating

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by medblues
    suspended=floating
    Thanks!

As a non native english speaker I thought about suspended chords and suspenders, and wondered how they are related to CC pickups.

User Info Menu

Suspended is not the usual term in English.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    An 18” Eastman??? I thought I knew a fair amount about Eastman, but I never heard of one bigger than my 17. Please tell me more!
    Eastman in the past has made a few custom order 18" guitars but not many. I happen to have one and it's a great guitar. Mine is from 2011. They made a few for Japan and this one was an "extra". Though I live in Beijing, my particular guitar is located at home in the California Bay Area. I may be selling it later this year as I really need to cut down on gear and I have since also acquired a Super 400 for my 18" needs but the Eastman to be honest, is as good in every way, though its a different animal of course.