The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 63 of 63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick View Post

Consider the matter closed.
    Very well, but not till I've answered the two points you made. First, the line about Derek Bailey was light-hearted. It was a joke. I was trying to make a humorous contrast. Like saying after Sir Adrian Boult finished conducting the BBC Symphony Orchestra he went home, grabbed a beer from the fridge, put on his favorite Black Sabbath record and danced naked round the living room for a bit of light relief. Do you see? Just a bit of fun.

I know not all free jazz is atonal. I like Pharoah Saunders a lot, for example.

Anyway, here is one of my experimental masterpieces. It is definitely not discordant. You'll like it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, that was interesting, I hadn't heard of him, which is unusual. He's an associate professor at Berklee, you know

User Info Menu

What does the B E stand for in JGBE?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Timmons View Post
    Not Berk-leE

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

For the best harmolodic experience listen to all the videos on a page of this thread simultaneously.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Timmons View Post
    You mean the website we're on? - .be = Belgium

Country code top-level domains (ccTLD) - Country Code domains are those an individual country uses, such as .us for the United States and .ca for Canada. Each country has its own set of rules for the ccTLDs. Some countries allow anyone to use it, and some only allow government agencies to use it.

User Info Menu

In Auckland, we have Vitamin S. Every Monday night, two scratch groups of three musicians play non-idiomatic improvisation — in a bar. The groups are formed for the occasion from a pool of volunteers. Many combinations of instruments have been created over the last twenty-two years.

User Info Menu

^ I heard quite a bit of the first "Vitamin S" performance and it certainly had a lot of substance to it; very atmospheric, though the local cetacean population would probably find it kind of "ordinary"

The guitarist connecting from Belfast must have been several hundred miliseconds behind, not that it would matter for these porpoises.

Good!
    Last edited by Peter C; 05-26-2024 at 05:52 PM.

User Info Menu

Laurent Schwarz, age 2
    Avant-Garde Music and Art. Discussions?-2ls-jpg

Maurizio Cattelan, age 59
    Avant-Garde Music and Art. Discussions?-2bn-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pauln
    Laurent Schwarz, age 2
    Avant-Garde Music and Art. Discussions?-2ls-jpg

Maurizio Cattelan, age 59
    Avant-Garde Music and Art. Discussions?-2bn-jpg
    If the artworks were reversed, I’d be blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

“It’s not a question of why be a free improvisor. It’s a question of what else? Free Improvisation offers more playing per cubic second than any other type of music making.”

Derek Bailey quoted in Please Kill Me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Garrett View Post
    If the artworks were reversed, I’d be blown away.
    Protip: that banana is bait.