The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a ton of issues and was a subscriber for many years. It's probably been 5 or 6 years since I pulled any of them out until today. Wow - what a great magazine that was - the interviews, the chord melody arrangements, the advertisements...is there anything similar out there now? I had forgotten how truly incredible it was and how much I looked forward to each issue arriving in my mailbox.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That was a really great magazine for sure.I wish the owner would make the back issues in a pdf form available and sell it,i'm sure he would make some dollars from doing that.

User Info Menu

There is this digital mag:

In the Issue - Jazz Guitar Today

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    There is this digital mag:

In the Issue - Jazz Guitar Today
    Yeah. I just haven't found that to be the same. I loved the old print format. There was also a time when you could go on the website and hear recordings of some of the material in the magazine. Remember that? It was really great.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    That was a really great magazine for sure.I wish the owner would make the back issues in a pdf form available and sell it,i'm sure he would make some dollars from doing that.
    Not sure who owns the rights now but Ed Benson passed awhile ago.

User Info Menu

I have most of them and I too, found them a wealth of info and would never part with mine. I vaguely recall that there were some pdfs of some sort on their website about the time when they were winding down, but don't recall if those were entire issues or just assorted lessons. I suspect that at one time, it would have been possible to release most of them in pdf form, maybe that's still true if we knew who to contact.