Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 351 to 358 of 358

User Info Menu

Listening to Blues for Fred / They All Laughed on Youtube right now (not finding it on Spotify - boo!), and it is indeed much more to my liking than the other solo recordings I've heard, thanks for the tip off Lawston.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    Funny how stuffy some folks can get on a forum based on music invented in a whorehouse.

Outstanding sir .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    Since 1987 it has been the most well known and prestigious jazz competition in the world. A look at past competitors and winners will reveal more than a few contemporary giants.
    Past Winners and Judges - Hancock Institute of Jazz

Well here's the winner. Impressive indeed. I'm not sure what he needs tuition assistance for, but he'll figure it out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    For solo check out”Blues for Fred.” I find that an incredible solo guitar recording with beautiful tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! never heard that one thanks for the heads up !! How is that not inventive! tasteful! and downright head nodding , toe tapping engaging!!! The tone is delicious!!

Will

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt View Post
    Well here's the winner. Impressive indeed. I'm not sure what he needs tuition assistance for, but he'll figure it out.

And this is two years old. Wow. (BTW - Is it just me or do these talented young Russians look like they really live in Seattle?)

User Info Menu

I heard him here a few times (in Russia I mean) - he is definitely an accomplished versatile professional player but I was never much.. I cant' find the correct word.... intrigued with his playing...
    I am probably too much used to teh fact that jazz player is immidiately recognized (jazz is kitchy art and individuality is often even too obvious -- )...
    but today it seems jazz players mature musically much later...

I know a few much less versatile (and less known here) players who are more interesting to me... with these competitions you never know how it all works... besides he has solid backup being a long-time member of Igor Butman's band...

nevertherless I am glad for him --- he has such a solid basis to grow on musically. It is great of course.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillMbCdn5 View Post

Wow! never heard that one thanks for the heads up !! How is that not inventive! tasteful! and downright head nodding , toe tapping engaging!!! The tone is delicious!!

Will
    It's my favorite Joe Pass solo album. Every track dances.
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

User Info Menu

Fred Astaire,Joe Pass yep that still is my fav.Mine has the cover of Fred dancing in a characture drawing realy cool!