The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to Jazz Guitar Online and just wanted to let everyone know that I recently published a blog of music theory as it relates to guitar playing (appropriately called “music theory and the guitar”) and thought some of you might find it useful.

The goal of the blog is to provide a frame of reference that will allow students to see the big picture of music so that they can more easily understand where the individual pieces fit.

If anyone is interested, it can be accessed at Blog - Blitzstar Guitar.

Please let me know if you find it helpful. Thanks.

Frank

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

No issues or red flags when I used the link.

Hi ragman1,

Thank you so much for the heads up on my webpage. I checked it out and found no security issues.

The website has a valid SSL certificate and the URL published as secure when I tried it with 3 different browsers. I also called Bluehost about the matter and they found no security issues. I haven't heard from anyone else having a problem with the page.

I take the security of my site and those who visit it very seriously, so if anyone else has an issue, please let me know asap and I'll look even deeper into the matter.

Thanks again ragman1 for looking out for everyone.

Frank

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzstar
    ...Thanks again ragman1 for looking out for everyone.
    You're being rather charitable. Anyway ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    You're being rather charitable. Anyway ...
    Charitable is good.

New Music Theory/Guitar Instruction Blog-1-jpgNew Music Theory/Guitar Instruction Blog-2-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzstar
    Hi ragman1,

Thank you so much for the heads up on my webpage. I checked it out and found no security issues.

The website has a valid SSL certificate and the URL published as secure when I tried it with 3 different browsers. I also called Bluehost about the matter and they found no security issues. I haven't heard from anyone else having a problem with the page.

I take the security of my site and those who visit it very seriously, so if anyone else has an issue, please let me know asap and I'll look even deeper into the matter.

Thanks again ragman1 for looking out for everyone.

Frank
    Sorry, Frank, my apologies. Unfortunately we do get spam threads here and it's wise to keep alert. Anyway, glad to see all is well and I wish you well with your blog.

Just off to look at it now (on the laptop, not the phone) :-)

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting about this, I'll have a look to see if a site in this kind of format will help me wage a little blitzwar on my lack of theoretical knowledge

Does announcing it here mean there's a special focus on jazz?

User Info Menu

Got it. It's pretty comprehensive. Just looking at the modes of mel m. I can use them but I don't pretend to know all the names

Good job.

The blog is not limited to any particular genre of music or any specific style of playing. Anyone who wants to understand music theory as it relates to guitar playing can benefit from it. The principles covered are universal and can be applied to any genre of music and any style of playing.

However, many of the posts apply heavily to jazz. Those include the ones on:

• Extended and Altered Chords
    • The Diminished Seventh Chord
    • The Harmonic Minor Scale and It's Modes
    • The Melodic Minor Scale and It's Modes
    • The Diminished Scale
    • The Dominant Diminished Scale
    • The Whole Tone Scale
    • Soloing Over Altered Dominant Chords
    • Non-diatonic Chord Substitution and Passing Chords

There are too many posts on these subjects to provide links to each one here, but you can find and access them all on the Series page Series - Blitzstar Guitar.