The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a guitar fingerboard chart with all the notes including sharps and flats for anyone who thinks they might find it useful. I have software now that I do all of this on but for years I kept a binder full of these charts. I used them as work sheets when I was looking for a new way to voice a chord or trying to visualize something that I had seen in a chart and didn't really understand. I found it really useful to have something that I could see clearly and that I could mark up and mark notes on. I found a lot of cool chords and alternative voicings on those charts.
    Here's a guitar fingerboard chart with all the notes including sharps and flats-fingerboardcharhorizontaljpg-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Here's a guitar fingerboard chart with all the notes including sharps and flats-blankfingerboardsheethtestjpg-jpg 
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 02-08-2024 at 01:12 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

About 30 years ago I made one of those to help me figure out the trumpet. Instead of note names and enharmonic names, each string/fret coordinate had three hollow circles in a row. I spent a couple nights playing the horn and filling in the valve state holes on the chart corresponding to the pitches on the guitar. Any line I might imagine playing on the guitar could be translated into a series of valve states, slowly, and almost literally "paint by numbers", but lots of fun. Did not matter that the horn was a transposing instrument.

User Info Menu

That's nice, might print this out and hang it up as a quick reference

User Info Menu

Thanks Jim. Got a print on my music stand. Best…Peter

It's great to hear that you've found so much utility in these charts and that they've facilitated your musical exploration and discovery of alternative voicings. Most of all thank you for sharing this charts to a complete beginner like me.