The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 103 of 103

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpjazzguitar
    And, one technique I was recently exposed to is to play both thumb and index on the same note on the D string. That one is intriguing because you can get all the 16th notes and give the bassist nothing to complain about.
    This sounds like an interesting idea… I’ll give it a go!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Eliane Elias to Peter Erskine:

"You Americans don't know how to swing samba; you all sound like TI-KA TI-KA TI-KA TI-KA."
    I smirked and said, "Well then, how should it sound?"
    She sang, "DO-goosh-ga, DO-goosh-ga, DO-goosh-ga, DO-goosh-ga."

From Peter Erskine's The Drum Perspective

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    Does everything that isn't in line with your worldview just go in one ear and out the other?
    It absolutely does when it's misquoted!

The phrase in parentheses '(explain time feel)' is yours, inserted into my quote.

How to theoretically explain good time feel?-d-jpg

But I didn't say explain, I was referring to 'quantify' which was your word. Quantify means to measure. Explain is something entirely different.

How to theoretically explain good time feel?-dd-jpg

I know you want to get into some kind of thing but I'm not playing. Repeating your ideas again and again only fixes them more and more solidly in your own mind, which is a shame if they're not accurate in the first place.

And ragman not only thinks you can't explain it but you can't methodically learn any more than you have naturally.
    I never said that - in fact, I said the contrary. I actually said... well, you can check back yourself, it's all there in black and white.

This is the last time I'm doing this correction stuff because it's brain-numbingly tedious. And I've got some playing to do!