The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 78 of 78

User Info Menu

Intersting thread...I learned that major extensions are 6, 9,#11...dominant extensions are b5,#5,b9,#9,13..

so if you see a C6 it is major tonality, C13 is dominant tonality....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey, thats a really cool chord and I am greatful that you posted it because it actually lends itself well to another arpeggiated run that I have been working on. I have no idea as to the correct terminology of the chord but I have sen them notated as #11 and as Derek said , the F # is usually below the root. Iam ok with a lot of theory I do need to brush up on some of the stuff that I learned and then never used. If you ask me about a chord I usually answer that sound is what tells me if it is a cool chord or not. I mean, we all know that if it sounds good it is good but what Iam saying is that I guage it by the tones that Iam working with at the time I use the chord. I do hope that makes sense to you. Thanks again for posting the chord.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EVH
    Hey, thats a really cool chord and I am greatful that you posted it because it actually lends itself well to another arpeggiated run that I have been working on. I have no idea as to the correct terminology of the chord but I have sen them notated as #11 and as Derek said , the F # is usually below the root. Iam ok with a lot of theory I do need to brush up on some of the stuff that I learned and then never used. If you ask me about a chord I usually answer that sound is what tells me if it is a cool chord or not. I mean, we all know that if it sounds good it is good but what Iam saying is that I guage it by the tones that Iam working with at the time I use the chord. I do hope that makes sense to you. Thanks again for posting the chord.

Cheers
    As you say, sounds are more important than terminology, but glad that something I asked has helped you out as well! Cheers