The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

​yes. Finally! Don't count! Feel! Listen to the macro time. Cycles, freedom. The people that listen to that will go very far with their studies of the melodic line and comping.They will go far with music. Sick of unwanted advice myself, but this advice from Chaffe is echoed by Mike Longo, Charlie Banacos, Bruce Arnold, the 80/20 drummer on youtube, and so many more. Listen and improve your time feel. Be stubborn and don't. Whatevs. Tell me I'm wrong. I'll keep learning from the masters of the craft. It's my time to take pride in my studies, dang nammit.
    Last edited by Irez87; 10-31-2015 at 06:26 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So now foot tapping is out of fashion? Ever watch clips of Joe Pass playing ? He would tap both feet! Iconoclast! I myself am partial to the back beat.

Actually, one fine musician in my past used to suggest you tap your toes in your shoes - so no one will ever know! Unless you are playing bare foot.....
    Last edited by targuit; 10-31-2015 at 06:50 PM.

User Info Menu

That's dancing and feeling the energy, Mike Longo talks about that. Joe Pass is not counting at that point, trust me. It's all feel.

User Info Menu

Thelonious Monk Dancing

Bust a move;

User Info Menu

I think that dance is more respectful than going off the stage and chatting up someone else's girlfriend in the audience or grabbing a drink. Thelonious Monk was certainly misunderstood, but I would have loved to have met him in person.

He was feeling the groove of that sax solo and dancing to the energy of the band. If he did that when I was soloing I would feel those good vibes and kick it up a notch in my playing. Monk was one of the true gentleman of jazz