The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31
    Thanks... you're lovely. If you have anything to add, feel free to add it

Do you have a good book? Also, Is it good if try to play what is in my mind -or what I hum- for a certain tune?

I'm already listening tons of jazz, but in a patiently way

P.S. Is my english too bad? Because i'm not a native speaker and i'm a little ashamed of my english
    Last edited by vxxm; 01-15-2015 at 01:49 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

From one of the masters.

User Info Menu

I would add as musicians get better they play thru the changes, they are creating long lines that weave thru the changes.
    yes.. exactly ' through' is much better a word... I used to say 'over' but this dicussion shows how it could be misleading..

User Info Menu

Is it good if try to play what is in my mind -or what I hum- for a certain tune?
    It is actually what it's all about (al - fieee..)))

I mean what else can you play that is worth playing if it is not in your mind or voice?

User Info Menu

Train your ears, by listening to music that you like.

Try to hear every small detail of the music that you like.

Then learn to play the music that you like.

(A bit of music Theory is useful and also enables you to make seemingly informed posts on internet Jazz forums.)
    Last edited by GuyBoden; 01-29-2015 at 12:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Yo dudes, I need some help. I have some graphics I want to upload to this theory section. I've been playing for so long (60 years) that I know and hear all this stuff in my head. I have a simple overview that I've used to teach for years. My composition teacher at Arizona State Grant Fletcher, and Rector Bailey are two men that I owe a lot to. Categorically, I guess you'd call me a "Shapes" person. I don't practice harmonic or melodic minor, Whole tone or diminished scales. I work from the common structure shared by all Twelve Keys. So far, I'm stumped on how to get the stuff over there.......... throw me a rope!