The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 101 to 109 of 109

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Garrett
    Speaking of which, I’ve been on a Grant Green trip. This is after listening to tons of Wes Montgomery for a few months. Now when I listen to Wes Montgomery, his single note playing sounds weak by comparison. Not necessarily the notes, but the tone and the time. Green’s bitey, more rotund sound is missed whenever some other guitarist pops up.
    When you get the Green bug… it hits hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrregent View Post
    That reminds me of when the Charlie Parker Omnibook first came out in the early 1980s. I was excited to see it but didn't notice it was the E flat version. Many tunes in G. It was good for practice in learning the phrases then using them in different keys. I never did get the C version.
    So, it turns everyone likes to play in G … it’s just our idea of G differs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The volume 1 copy they sent me is counterfeit lol.

User Info Menu

How can you tell?

The outside looks weird - the cover is just white rather than parchment, and the spiral binding is different. And the pages on the inside are just copied. And there's no page with the copyright Hal Leonard info.

User Info Menu

So you got a Fake Real Book. Which is a Fakebook. So a Fake fakebook is a real book?

User Info Menu

Everyone copied Miles because his records were popular and widely available. He was pretty far from a guru.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    Everyone copied Miles because his records were popular and widely available.
    Popularity isn't the same as musos squabbling over the first chord of Stella By Starlight. My guess is players preferred Em7b5 as opposed to the original film score. Good for Miles, I say.

User Info Menu

No, the original changes of Stella fucking rule.

Everything else, sure ii V it to death, who cares?