The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What happened to the piano?

User Info Menu

Sounds good, churchy. Now do back at the chicken shack!

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    Piano is going very well. I'll do a piano tune in the next standards thread next week. I tried to quit Hammond but everyone got mad at me and told me not to, so I'm not. So I'm going to keep at it because I've gotten this far, and it's extremely good practice for rhythm and time feel. On Hammond it will not sound good without on point rhythm and time feel, while on other instruments besides drums you can finesse your way around without the rhythms being perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen View Post
    Sounds good, churchy.
    Thx. I realized the main sound - upper manual percussion with chorus - is the worst sound on this digital rig. It was kind of killing me so I turned off the chorus which gives it that churchy sound and I'm diggin it.

Now do back at the chicken shack!
    I'll do that one next!
    Last edited by Jimmy Smith; 04-26-2024 at 08:30 PM.

User Info Menu

I've only played with an organist about twice, and long ago. Just hit me that you guys were tweaking all those switches and stops long before us guys had all the dang stomp boxes!

Yeah! Apparently the Hammond, invented in 1935, was the very first synthesizer. It's just more dang skills to have to work up to work the switches throughout the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    That's it, I've had it up to here with the organ. I'm selling it and focusing on piano.