The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

It has been years since I posted but I tried to log in and well... it let me.... so I thought to pass something along.

I found an old link I had that still works to the Great Gig Book... my old all in one 'go to' book for gigs. Approx. 600 standards with hip changes and lyrics to boot. Some seasonal, ethic and jazz heads thrown in for good measure. However it has most of the Great American Songbook contained within. Not all, but most.

Personally, I printed the out book, which worked well for me on gigs. However, just as a reference PDF it is great to have. Earlier I looked up 'Alone Together' for the changes as someone on a FB jazz chat page was questioning the Real Book changes.... and boy, these changes are so much better. So, I though maybe other folks would like to have this PDF.

Enjoy....

https://www.angelfire.com/fl4/moneychords/ggb1.pdf

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks the scan is better than the one I had.

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by docdosco View Post
    It has been years since I posted but I tried to log in and well... it let me.... so I thought to pass something along.

I found an old link I had that still works to the Great Gig Book... my old all in one 'go to' book for gigs. Approx. 600 standards with hip changes and lyrics to boot. Some seasonal, ethic and jazz heads thrown in for good measure. However it has most of the Great American Songbook contained within. Not all, but most.

Personally, I printed the out book, which worked well for me on gigs. However, just as a reference PDF it is great to have. Earlier I looked up 'Alone Together' for the changes as someone on a FB jazz chat page was questioning the Real Book changes.... and boy, these changes are so much better. So, I though maybe other folks would like to have this PDF.

Enjoy....

Excellent thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BBGuitar View Post
    Thanks the scan is better than the one I had.
    I might have had that version too. It was making the rounds several decades ago. The one I got first had some scribbles in it and the scan was not great. Then I found this copy... happy day.

The book is brilliant and if you can only take one book, this would be the one. It is missing a few tunes that I wish were in it but all in all, it has all the main standards.

User Info Menu

Thank you and its nice to see you're still alive and well. Your website hasn't been updated for many years so I was wondering if you were 'still around', so to speak.

User Info Menu

Thanks!!

User Info Menu

thank you!

User Info Menu

Enjoy....

Thank you very much for sharing this very valuable resource with us!

User Info Menu

Thanks. This big PDF book work really well using Forscore on an Ipad!

User Info Menu

Great to hear that that you are still there! And sorry that you have not been able to contribute to some of the Peerless and general Korean guitar topics of late.

I look forward to you being here again more often.

Cheers, TLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by va3ux View Post
    Thank you and its nice to see you're still alive and well. Your website hasn't been updated for many years so I was wondering if you were 'still around', so to speak.

I am still alive and kicking. Thanks. My website is horribly outdated. As am I.... lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thelostboss View Post
    Great to hear that that you are still there! And sorry that you have not been able to contribute to some of the Peerless and general Korean guitar topics of late.

I look forward to you being here again more often.

Cheers, TLB
    I will check in from time to time. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnd View Post
    Thanks. This big PDF book work really well using Forscore on an Ipad!
    You are welcome. The GGB the best all around book for the Great American Songbook that I have found. Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Thanks and welcome back!