The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

realy, realy nice again Mark. Great sound.
    Is it a different guitar as you usual play?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf Field
    realy, realy nice again Mark. Great sound.
    Is it a different guitar as you usual play?
    thanks. Yes, new guitar. Same maker, Tom Ribbecke. I posted about under the gear section here a couple of weeks ago.

User Info Menu

Very fresh ideas and sound. You sound like the instrument inspires you. There's something about an instrument that responds to the touch that makes you want to play more and more. It feels that way on this clip. Wide range of contrapuntal explorations and moving voices that are rewarded by a fresh resonance. That guitar is gonna break in really sweet!
    Have a great honeymoon. Hope it lasts forever!
    Thanks for the clip!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Very fresh ideas and sound. You sound like the instrument inspires you. There's something about an instrument that responds to the touch that makes you want to play more and more. It feels that way on this clip. Wide range of contrapuntal explorations and moving voices that are rewarded by a fresh resonance. That guitar is gonna break in really sweet!
    Have a great honeymoon. Hope it lasts forever!
    Thanks for the clip!
    Thanks- I am truly enjoying the budding relationship with this guitar and it’s taking 100% of my attention away from the others. It does have some unique responses, timbre, attack etc but it’s got the best intonation across and up and down the entire fretboard. I’m loving that!

User Info Menu

I love this tune because it seems to break out of the harmonic boxes so many standards live in. It's even a fun melody to play.

You've done some really fresh and even startling things with it here, with immaculately clean technique and gorgeous to-die-for tone. I think I need to play this tune more and listen more deeply for the ideas it has to teach me.

I've listened to you since the old usenet group days, bought your first (I think) CD, and have been fascinated with the unfolding of your music over the ... decades (we're old!).

Thanks for the consistency of your posts!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I love this tune because it seems to break out of the harmonic boxes so many standards live in. It's even a fun melody to play.

You've done some really fresh and even startling things with it here, with immaculately clean technique and gorgeous to-die-for tone. I think I need to play this tune more and listen more deeply for the ideas it has to teach me.

I've listened to you since the old usenet group days, bought your first (I think) CD, and have been fascinated with the unfolding of your music over the ... decades (we're old!).

Thanks for the consistency of your posts!
    Thanks Lawson, yea it’s crazy to think of how many years on this is now!