The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I’ve been playing this tune forever

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Your playing is always amazing. I count myself among the many that are jealous of your musicianship! Thanks for posting this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SandChannel
    Your playing is always amazing. I count myself among the many that are jealous of your musicianship! Thanks for posting this.
    thanks for saying but sorry if I’m causing discomfort- I know jealousy isn’t something I like feeling. Especially now that most of my hair has fallen out and what’s left is white

User Info Menu

The change in your sound- perhaps, in part due to changes in recording technology- is really interesting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    The change in your sound- perhaps, in part due to changes in recording technology- is really interesting.
    . My understanding of how to record solo guitar in the video settings is what evolved. The technology didn’t change in this time and the equipment for the audio side of things in the newer video is actually close to 20 years old. In the older video, however, the sound is coming from what I could capture on my iPhone (with external mic) but not processing and the sound was at the mercy of where I could place the phone. Now, all is handled independently of the other (sight and sound)

User Info Menu

I love this juxtaposition Mark. Your relationship with such a timeless tune over the time line of your musical evolution. I have been documenting live music for 4 decades in the cities where I've lived, worked and played. I don't see a player's output as being linear, but rather the never ending mixture of the disparate elements we experience over time.
    Thank you for posting these. I can't wait to get to the next one in 9 years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I love this juxtaposition Mark. Your relationship with such a timeless tune over the time line of your musical evolution. I have been documenting live music for 4 decades in the cities where I've lived, worked and played. I don't see a player's output as being linear, but rather the never ending mixture of the disparate elements we experience over time.
    Thank you for posting these. I can't wait to get to the next one in 9 years.
    . Thanks for checking these out. I’d like to think I hear progress and evolution. I think I do, but it’s deceiving too. I’ve got CDs (no video) from 25 years ago that sound pretty ok

User Info Menu

Interesting! I hear evolution. Musical progress is a lot harder to define and measure :-)

I was a slightly surprised at how similar they are, but that just means you have a baked in style, or what I like to call tendencies or personality.

Your video performances are really great. Huge progress in production value without a doubt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    Interesting! I hear evolution. Musical progress is a lot harder to define and measure :-)

I was a slightly surprised at how similar they are, but that just means you have a baked in style, or what I like to call tendencies or personality.

Your video performances are really great. Huge progress in production value without a doubt.
    Thanks for your observations. The biggest thing I notice from my end of the fretboard is that these spontaneous arrangements come with less effort or thinking about things. Maybe it’s just the stakes are lower