The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    joelf Guest
    Nothing to be said. Only listen:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I went with some college friends back in the 70s to see Phil Woods play with Michel Legrand at Carnegie Hall.
    They featured Phil on YMBIS, and he did such an incredible job that the ENTIRE audience was on their feet giving him a standing ovation. I actually looked back at the crowd, and did not see one person in their seat. These were all mature adults, no drunk or stoned kids.
    One of my friends was an alto player, and he was driven into such a state of frenzy, that he seemed to lose control of his body, and he was banging his arms together.
    And this was a spontaneous reaction that happened right after his solo, not a curtain call.
    I've never seen anything like it before or after at such a huge hall.
    Last edited by sgcim; 09-19-2023 at 04:14 PM.

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I went with some college friends back in the 70s to see Phil Woods play with Michel Legrand at Carnegie Hall.
    They featured Phil on YMBIS, and he did such an incredible job that the ENTIRE audience was on their feet giving him a standing ovation. I actually looked back at the crowd, and did not see one person in their seat. These were all mature adults, no drunk or stoned kids.
    One of my friends was an alto player, and he was driven into such a state of frenzy, that he seemed to lose control of his body, and he was banging his arms together.
    And this was a spontaneous reaction that happened right after his solo, not a curtain call.
    I've never seen anything like it before or after at such a huge hall.
    Yes, Phil and Mr. Legrand were quite the collaborators, all through the '70s and in many reunions thereafter.

Feel free to post any concert footage you find...

User Info Menu

Just been watching Tony Winston run through this on YT and then searched here.