Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Da Da Da

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

learn this one. its the best one

User Info Menu

OK, the gloves are off now.....you asked for it....

An early example ('93) of a genre known as "gabber".....(and other mixes of this are available)...

Enjoy,

please DO NOT USE the "like" button for this post
    Last edited by pubylakeg; 05-28-2016 at 09:00 AM.

User Info Menu

mgt

i'm glad you get my drift - nice analysis. its so hard to speak intelligibly (never mind intelligently) about melody - or melodiousness. the phrases move across a wider than normal range in stardust - and the chord tones that are picked out are very very tasty.

and he did skylark too

and come rain or come shine (?)

The best song in the world since the beginning of time.-hoagy_carmichael_-_1947-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Groyniad
    and come rain or come shine (?)
    That was Harold Arlen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    SO: since you have the ultimate guitar, the Gibson L5ces, and the ultimate song, "Stardust" I say play it and post it! I want to hear you and your L5 show us how beautiful that song really is!

I love hearing forum members play, regardless of their level. My own posts set a bar for "hey he's no Joe Pass... he's not even Tiny Tim..."

Play it post it for us!

hold on a second there lawson - nat king cole is the guy to show you how beautiful that song really is not me

i'll post something soon along these lines - and thanks for asking! - but it would be foolish of me to try to comply with this request!
    Last edited by Groyniad; 05-28-2016 at 01:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher

not working?

User Info Menu

hold on a second there lawson - nat king cole is the guy to show you how beautiful that song really is not me

i'll post something soon along these lines - and thanks for asking! - but it would be foolish of me to try to comply with this request!
    I just get a lot of pleasure out of hearing forum folks play. There is a range of ability to be sure, from professional on down to beginner, but it's fun to hear and even see the folks play that are part of the conversations here. It humanizes their statements and reminds me (us) that whether pro or amateur, advanced or beginner, we are all musicians.

User Info Menu

The Candyman

User Info Menu

Lush Life!

not working?
    It's weird. I posted one version last night, based on the art/artist/song title. After posting, I actually listened and it was a completely different track. I found another, which worked, last night and reposted. Apparently, it's not working now. I give up.

Here's the spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3ubuf6sWvznFKezYjQdikd

May paste into the original as well. Anyway, it's flugel horn I guess? Love the sound. Flugel is to trumpet what tenor sax is to alto. Lots of "noise".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    Anyway, it's flugel horn I guess? Love the sound. Flugel is to trumpet what tenor sax is to alto. Lots of "noise".
    I know what you mean. I love Flugelhorn. It has the same range as a trumpet but it sounds deeper. Art Farmer was one of my favourites.
    I think of it in the same way I think of Paul Desmond's sound. Same range as other alto players, but a sound all its own.

David

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Socraticaster
    Lush Life!
    My previous jocularity aside,

Lush Life. Now that is​ a tune.

User Info Menu

Stardust is my mother's favorite song! I like it a lot as well.

I'm working today on another great tune - This Is All I Ask. An elegant song to sing and play. I like to play it in C. Gonna record tonight at home in my 'studio' living room.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pubylakeg
    My previous jocularity aside,

Lush Life. Now that is​ a tune.
    In all seriousness, I'll go with Lush Life.

User Info Menu

Land of a Thousand dances, an essential modal tune.....

User Info Menu

"Jesus Loves Me"
    A classic. Ubiquitous. Great use of the pentatonic scale. And timeless-well it's in 4 but you know what I mean.

Maybe I'll make a medley with that tune and Miles's Four. I'll call it Four-the bible tells me so.
    David