The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

This is my favorite Coltrane version.
    Last edited by kris; 05-17-2015 at 04:36 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumblefingers
    that at was kind of meandering. 2 stars. your assessment?
    fumble it is not CD recording. It is bad camera/sound/ quality recording like most on youtube chanell. Too loud drums make sometimes ilussion of meandering. ...but this is a reall jazz played by top musicians - ... I like power,feel and creative solos on this video. I give 4 stars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    This is my favorite Coltrane version.
    yeah man, very nice. showing everybody how it's done.

this is the one i grew up with. i could be mistaken but i believe that it's the definitive version. they're pretty close, so whatever. starts at 45:21. and not to take anything away from McCoy Tyner but Trane starts his solo at about 48:23. enjoy!

BTW - I'm sure you noticed that Coltrane's drummer Elvin Jones played on McLaughlin's version above, as well. an unmistakable sound.

Last edited by fumblefingers; 05-17-2015 at 07:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Very interesting solo piano version:

User Info Menu

Very nice, thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    I really dig the Robert Glasper Experiment version (with Erykah Badu).

"Is it jazz" is a question I always steer away from. "It is what it is," as Coach Bellechick says.

I've been listening to this version a lot lately, and trying to transcribe the chords. And the timing is very tricky to me. I've been singing along to try and better internalize the feel.

Check out out this guitar/voice version!

And the Emily Remler version has a great feel, with some great stuff to cop. Nice that one is already transcribed!
    Last edited by srlank; 05-19-2015 at 01:30 AM.