The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Had one I loved years ago and sold it (?!). Interested in one again. TIA

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Have a Novax "Thinline fan fretted" 7-string guitar for sale at NOK 47 650,00 (NOK = Norwegian Kroner).Presently it is only listed on a Nowegian site with pictures: https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=334907583
    But should you be interested, I can translate the listing, and list it here as well.

Tonnie van der Heide
    Bergen, Norway
    Last edited by tonnie; 05-26-2024 at 11:30 AM. Reason: wrong link

User Info Menu

Will be away 31 May - 3 Jun for Huddersfield (UK) Jazz Guitar Festival and won't be able to answer any emails.

Tonnie

User Info Menu

Stringmann,

Here is the answer from Josh Kellmann:

"Regarding the guy interested in your 7 string Novax, I’ve no problem with him contacting me about what might be expected when importing & custom fees. From my limited experience, custom fees usually range from 3-5%, although may be closer to 10% for higher end models. There seems to be a randomness as to when either the Lacey act form or TSCA information is necessary. For the Benedetto, the following statement satisfied the TSCA request:

“This guitar is hand carved, whole wood only, no composite wood. I certify that all chemical substances in this shipment comply with all applicable rules or orders under TSCA and that I am not offering a chemical substance for entry in violation of TSCA or any applicable rule or order thereunder.“

As we’ve learned together, the mandolincafe forum provides a pdf example of the minimal information on a Lacey act form for a guitar. Thankfully your limited knowledge of woods was sufficient to prepare the requests relating to both the Sonntag & Benedetto. Josh."

So please go ahead and contact him. If you should decide to go ahead, I will find out the the shipping costs and fill out
    the Lacey act form.

In that case I will need some info from you, like your full address, telephone number, social security number (for customs). To be on the safe side you could use my direct email. "tonnievdh@online.no".

Tonnie van der Heide