The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was not aware, but apparently sweetwater has what looks like a reverb.com type site now. Prices with shipping seemed a little high, but saw a couple deals.

Access to this page has been denied.Sweetwater has a Reverb type site-screenshot_20240524-182037_firefox-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This may be what I've been looking for. Not enough information to be sure, but it looks usable from a first glance. Sweetwater has been a reliable source for me.

User Info Menu

Hey, you can get a Harley Benton copy of a Gretsch archtop used for $100 more than it costs new. What a deal!

User Info Menu

I'm a long time Sweetwater customer and have listed a few things for sale with little to no luck. If you sell something and just want the cash, they charge a fee like Reverb or Ebay; If you take it in the form of a Sweetwater gift card, there is no charge for selling. I think you can ship whichever way you and the buyer decide. I think this is correct but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

User Info Menu

Maybe they changed it, but a few years ago there was no buyer or seller protection. A Craigslist free for all with the added risk of shipping.

User Info Menu

That Dale Unger could be a nice grab. Replace the pickup with your favorite.

Free shipping on a '65 Twin? Yikes.

User Info Menu

The search engine is a bit quirky. I typed "Carvin," and while I got the Carvins, I got a bunch of other stuff that begins with C. Celestion, Cardinal, Custom...

User Info Menu

Its better for buyers than sellers. It all comes down to traffic. Gear Exchange just doesn't get the traffic as of now. I've seen some deals as a buyer. I noticed sellers that ONLY list their item on Gear Exchange give good deals, especially when they start dropping the price. Pro tip: if you're searching for something specific, make sure to check if its on Gear Exchange. Its odd, for some reason Google doesn't index the listings on Gear Exchange (which could be the reason for the lower traffic). A couple times I've found what I was looking for on there after doing an extensive search on Reverb/eBay/Google.

As a seller though, I haven't sold a single thing. My items would always sell on Reverb or eBay first.