The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Yesterday a nice L5 was offered on reverb. It was listed as a 1975 in Florida. Today the same instrument is listed as a 1973 in Indiana. The price was low so it looked too good to be true and probably is! The seller did respond to my questions promptly and appears to have a reverb history. I asked him about the discrepancies this morning. I’d be shocked if he responds but maybe there is a reasonable explanation.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Seller claims an honest mistake. He failed to update his profile. I’m not buying the explanation buyer beware!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prossi@cozen.com View Post
    Seller claims an honest mistake. He failed to update his profile. I’m not buying the explanation buyer beware!
    He's probably a FL to IN snowbird. It's local sale / pickup only. What's the risk? If I were in the area, I would have a look.

I’m thinking he expects payment thru reverb followed by local pickup. It’s risky.

User Info Menu

In his defense all 3 of his items for sale were shot w the same background so unless someone else had those 3 items for sale and he lifted the pics it's probably legit.
    But proceed w caution anyway of course.
    Tom, don't you live down that way?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    In his defense all 3 of his items for sale were shot w the same background so unless someone else had those 3 items for sale and he lifted the pics it's probably legit.
    But proceed w caution anyway of course.
    Tom, don't you live down that way?
    His original post was on the FL Gulf side, I think, for local pickup. And to some degree it makes sense that he is now fled to Indiana before summer heat sets in--it's already here. I'm thinking totally legit and anyone in Indie area should have a look at this L-5.

..and nice TF that appeared on the same day from a different seller...

Just a moment...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prossi@cozen.com View Post
    I’m thinking he expects payment thru reverb followed by local pickup. It’s risky.
    Agreed. Who does that when they can make a cash money face to face sale? Or paypal payment at the meetup. Or Zelle. If I'm local to the seller I want to see the guitar first. I would gladly make the reverb payment through using the phone and close the deal on the spot in person. An unwillingness to do that would seem like a scam to me as well.