The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Hi Folks,

Long time lurker and only recent poster so hopefully it's ok to list something for sale.

I have this listed on Facebook Marketplace as well but don't hold out much hope of genuine enquiries coming from there.

This is a mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass archtop guitar in gorgeous Cherry Sunburst. The guitar is in great condition for its age with the only exception being a chip on the top of the headstock.

I’ve had the guitar since 2021 and I bought it from the original owner. I hadn't had an archtop in years, having shamelessly given up on Jazz for about a decade, but decided to scratch the itch with this beauty. Unfortunately the wiring was knackered so I replaced it all with a loom from Six String Supplies. I’ve also replaced the neck pickup with a Bare Knuckle Stormy Monday, although I’ll include the original pickup in the sale. I replaced the knobs with ones from a 70s Tribute SG as I thought they looked cooler than the big amber ones it came with. It gives it more of a 70s vibe and reminds me of the Aria Herb Ellis. It's mostly been played at jam nights and small combo gigs since I've had it and has been well looked after.

It’s currently strung with D’addario flatwound 11s but I imagine the new owner would change these out.

I have the pickguard but removed it to show off the cherry sunburst that has aged beautifully but it will be included in the sale.

The guitar will come with a hard case and, if shipped, will be packaged to within an inch of it's life!

This is a fantastic guitar and my only reason for this (reluctant) sale is that I don't need a bridge humbucker for Jazz and want find something with a floating pickup and minimal hardware on the body of the guitar.

I'm looking for £600 which I think is fair given the replacement parts and condition of the guitar but I'm willing to listen to offers. Located in central Scotland.

I have quite a few videos of me playing the guitar live and at home on my YouTube channel. Here is a rapid version of Sunny from a hotel gig last year -

Mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-joe-pass-full-jpg Mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-joe-pass-back-guitar-jpg Mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-joe-pass-chip-jpg Mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-joe-pass-fromt-headstock-jpg Mid-90s Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor-joe-pass-back-headstock-jpg
    Last edited by SetPhasersToSwing; 05-01-2024 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Changed title

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Still available