The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

I can get a new one for $6k direct from Roger but the build is scheduled to finish in Nov and he's know to run late on build cycles. There's one on TGP for $5500 which seems a bit high for a used one and the guy only has 10 posts there so I'm a bit hesitant (particularly at a price so close to new).

Anyone selling one here? Or know someone personally selling one? There's a borys at guitarsnjazz. I think they want $6k for it....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Two on reverb. The one at gnj seems to be on hold. Unless you have a generous seller these tend to sell for about the same used as new (skip the wait premium).

User Info Menu

I tried to find a used one for about a year back in '20/'21. I'm in Canada though. During that time I saw 2 come and go on Reverb. Like real quick. Reverb gives me the willies, especially with cross-border. I was also on Joe V's watch list for all that time. I did get notified of one but it was waaay too late.

I finally decided I'd be better off on Roger's wait list. I ordered in Jan '22. He said he'd ship Sept/Nov, and it got here Dec 2nd. Probably the same yearly batch he'd be working on now. The beauty is I got the details I prefer instead of whatever I could get my hands on, which was nothing.

Best of luck JZ!

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    I tried to find a used one for about a year back in '20/'21. I'm in Canada though. During that time I saw 2 come and go on Reverb. Like real quick. Reverb gives me the willies, especially with cross-border. I was also on Joe V's watch list for all that time. I did get notified of one but it was waaay too late.

I finally decided I'd be better off on Roger's wait list. I ordered in Jan '22. He said he'd ship Sept/Nov, and it got here Dec 2nd. Probably the same yearly batch he'd be working on now. The beauty is I got the details I prefer instead of whatever I could get my hands on, which was nothing.

Best of luck JZ!
    Did it need any work when you got it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos View Post
    Two on reverb. The one at gnj seems to be on hold. Unless you have a generous seller these tend to sell for about the same used as new (skip the wait premium).
    That one on G&J is a B-420, which is his equivalent of a D'A New Yorker. There's some cosmetic damage on it (I don't know how severe), but someone;s getting a great deal if it;s okay. Even ten years ago they were going for 10K.
    The B-120 is a laminate,

User Info Menu

I would not pay 6k for that Borys.Looking at the pictures,it has severe checking and a bunch of dents.

User Info Menu

It looks like one just arrived at archtop.com. It hasn't been posted yet though. Says it's from ca. 1990.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    Did it need any work when you got it?
    Mine played great right out of the case. I may not be as picky as some, but I for sure know when a guitar could use some attention. I waited about 5 or 6 months before doing anything. As a newborn I wanted to let it mature a bit, get used to the new climate, and get to know it better.

Then I took it to my guy to dial it in for me. We put TI Swings on, a gauge heavier than what it came with. He added little nubs to the control knobs so I can tell how they're set by feel. Put ebony buttons on, probably because I played cello as a kid and that just looks right to me with f-holes.

It got a new nut. It was slightly proud of the neck on the bass side. Nothing I could feel while playing, but... you know how it is. My guy said that nut was bullshit, but I was OK with it for a half year. That's the only thing we could find that was 'incorrect'.

I couldn't be happier with mine. I only pick up the others out of curiosity after not touching them for a month or 3.

thanks everyone for your input. I've decided to go in a different direction for now. Hopefully this thread will be helpful to others.

User Info Menu

Sooo...Kramer? BC Rich? I look forward to your exploits!

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    Sooo...Kramer? BC Rich? I look forward to your exploits!
    I ended up finding a PM120. I really love the quality (and sound) of the high end japanese archtops and really missed having a pm120. It sort of bridges the gap between something like a sadowsky semihollow and a full size archtop.

User Info Menu

Japanese fit and finish is a touch act to follow. Congrats Jack.

User Info Menu

I`m considering selling a `83 Borys BG-100. Great guitar, but not using it much these days.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ma1 View Post
    I`m considering selling a `83 Borys BG-100. Great guitar, but not using it much these days.

Thanks.
    how much?

User Info Menu

$5000 + shipping. I`m located overseas. Send me a pm if you want some pics / detailed info.

Quote Originally Posted by ma1 View Post
    $5000 + shipping. I`m located overseas. Send me a pm if you want some pics / detailed info.
    Ah, thanks. Not up for a global shipment on one of those. Thanks anyway.