The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi everyone.

A really nice example of a first year of production Ibanez JP20. Comes with original case, warranty card and key.

This example is in very good condition and has a remarkably figured maple neck (for Ibanez's standards). The binding is good although there is a crack along the heal cap join.
    Of the early 80's examples, I would say this one is probably one of the best.

No fret ware worth mentioning; neck is straight and truss rod working.

Asking £1,500

Currently on ebay for £1,600.

Can ship to the EU or buyer can collect.

1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2413-jpg1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2409-jpg1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2408-jpg1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2405-jpg1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2402-jpg1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2427-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images 1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2428-jpg 1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2430-jpg 1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2432-jpg 1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_2437-jpg 1982 Ibanez JP20 OHSC + Card + Key-img_e2439-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I wonder if one of Vintagevibe's humbuckers would fit next to the neck?

User Info Menu

Probably not (unless he made one to fit the available space) but a Kent Armstrong single coil floater, floating CC from Pete or even a DeArmond 1100 would probably fit.

User Info Menu

Looks super!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    If you look at the 7th & 8th pics, they give a good idea about how much space there is. You could always remove the humbucker, put on whatever you want, and leave the partially covered hole. Would look kind of Metheny-ish!.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker View Post
    I’m in the process of remaking this guitar with the pickup in the right position.

Originally when I started my building project, I wanted to take guitars that could have been legendary, if not for ‘one' reason and change that ‘one' reason.

This guitar was first on my list.

As the only 25’5” Ibanez 16” model, I think it has a unique place and sound that makes it superior to the other Ibanez 16” range. It deserves another shot at being one of the best 16” laminate achtops made. Of course any improvements or refinements I will make but essentially, it will be the same guitar.

I talk about it in a video I’ll post tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Reducing the price to £1,399

Thanks.

User Info Menu

IMHO that's a pretty hot deal. Good luck!