The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Maybe some of you might remember I was going to list this a while ago on here, but decided to have some work/repair done on it. I've had it on Reverb and just updated the listing to include the work that Marc at Guitars N Jazz did on it (pics included).

For the folks on here I'd lower the price to $6,400 after fees + split cost of actual shipping. PRICE DROPPED TO $6,000.

With regards to possible trades, I've mentioned before that I'm a vintage spirits collector, so if you have a bottle of booze that's been in the closet for a while, I might be interested. FYI, this does NOT mean it has to be 50+years old, I'm interested in things even from 2000s

Thanks folks!

Gibson Johnny Smith -***UPDATED 4/15*** 1972, Sunburst Gibson Johnny Smith -***UPDATED 4/15*** 1972, Sunburst | Reverb
    Last edited by DMgolf66; Yesterday at 05:00 PM. Reason: Price drop

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

great deal!

User Info Menu

Top?

User Info Menu

Well, not sure this will do any good, but.....bump.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66 View Post
    Well, not sure this will do any good, but.....bump.
    Prolly not. Lots of tire kickers here but no buyers.

There are three wonderful Johnny Smith's for sale here.

I don't know what people are waiting for?

I have three wonderful Gibson archtops here on top of that. Nothing.

Weird.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pawlowski6132 View Post
    Prolly not. Lots of tire kickers here but no buyers.

There are three wonderful Johnny Smith's for sale here.

I don't know what people are waiting for?

I have three wonderful Gibson archtops here on top of that. Nothing.

Weird.
    I suggest posting exactly what you're selling in your title. In the case of your ad 'Gibson archtops' is kinda vague, maybe try "1948 Gibson Super 400 1952 Gibson L-5C, 1908 Gibson Style O"
    But in the end the amount of traffic here is very limited compared to a site like reverb or the bay.
    You have 3 nice guitars listed here. I usually don't like to comment on people's prices but since you asked they're priced on the high side imo if you want to move them, especially the Super. Ime when you're selling acoustic archtops especially, once you get above 10K the market shrinks considerably unless it's a very rare/desirable guitar. Check the sold listings on those sites to get an idea of what things have sold for, not asking prices.

In the case of Dmgolf66's guitar he did the right thing and got the large top crack repaired but it's still a large repair which is going to give a lot of buyers pause, though it'll be easier to sell now than it was before. It's priced about what I'd list it for if it were mine and he should get relatively close to that eventually.

User Info Menu

Well, in the spirit of commenting on my post, I shall join in.

I'm gonna lower the price to $6,000 after fees + split actual shipping.

Best I can do, fellow JGO'ers

User Info Menu

I had no idea someone was selling a 52 L5C. Not that I'm looking but that's the kind of thing that would catch my attention vs. bundling listings together in one thread.