The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Price: NOK 37 250,- *)

Of this «thin line archtop» guitar (hand-built Equity Custom) with a 16 inch body, only two guitars were made. It has one pickup, a Epiphone '57 Classic Style Alnico-V Magnet, with 2 pot meters; volume and tone.

Blond lacquer, black and white binding. A deep Florentine cutaway. Woods: Top spruce, sides, and back maple. Tailpiece and finger rest: Rosewood. Neck: maple, neck width at the nut is 5,6 mm, fingerboard mother-of-pearl with Abalone. Metal parts «Gold Finish». Tailpiece: TonePros Tune-O-Matic type. Tuners: Grover GH109. Frets: 24. Scale length: 625 mm (24.6"). Schaller Strap Lock.

Hard case is included.

This guitar was built 2012 by Saul Koll, USA (Koll Guitar Company), Portland, OR, USA, i 2012.
    Bought this guitar directly from Robert Conti, Las Vegas, US
    See also

Used, but looks like new!

The guitar can be tried in Bergen, Norway. Transportation to be discussed.

*) NOK stands for Norwegian Crowns, which is the currency used in Norway.
    NOK 37250, --, equals approx. Euro 3214,70, or approx. USD 3430.75 (Apr. 16, 2024)
    Attached Images Attached Images Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-neck-headstock-front-vieuw-jpg Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-whole-guitar-rear-vieuw-jpg Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-whole-guitar-front-vieuw-jpg Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-neck-headstock-rear-vieuw-jpg Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-body-front-vieuw-jpg Used Conti 7-string Prototype archtop guitar-headstock-tuners-front-vieuw-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful instrument . I can see why you bought it. Is the 7 string not what you had hoped. I had an American Artist years ago that sold at a loss due to the 7 string. Never quite took to it.

User Info Menu

Ed,

I have played the 7-string for over 30 years and still do every day.
    At 81 I feel I have too many guitars and there are players out there that could be interested in some of my beautiful guitars.

Tonnie

User Info Menu

I wish you were closer. If I make my way over to Scandinavia one of these days which I might I'll look you up. Do you follow the stylings of George Van Eps, Howard Alden, Howard Morgen or none of these?

User Info Menu

Before you start planning your trip, please check whether I am at home, as I travel to a lot of International jazz guitar workshops. I play somewhat more modern than George Van Eps, although I have one of his Gretsch 7-strings as a museum piece. I have had Howard Alden as my teacher once in the UK. My most favorite 7-string player is Ron Eschete.

Brgds,
    Tonnie

User Info Menu

of course. It's not somewhere I get that often but I would love to meet you if I"m anywhere in the area. You're pretty much plugged into US players. I'm surprised given how many great European players there are. I met Ron many years ago when we were both young -in our twenties. I was sitting in with a piano player in Laguna Beach,Ca. on a Tuesday night and he happened in. He was surprised to see me since he didn't there were any other jazz players in the area. He was pleasant. He would never remember it. It was inconsequential and a long time ago.
    I was good friends with Jimmy Foster and Scott with Evans amps who lives close by. Both good friends of Ron. I don't much about his playing. I'll have to look him up on the internet.

User Info Menu

Dear Ed,

I own one of Jimmy Foster’s 7-strings, a great guitar. I also use an Evans RE amp.
    You can look Ron up on YouTube, there are many interesting videos of him there.
    The last few years Ron has been hampered by health issues, that I think hampers his playing somewhat, so I prefer his older recordings.
    Brgds,

Tonnie