The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I bought this for my office, but even a champ seems too loud in this environment (!). This amp deserves to be played more…and loudly. This amazing 5F1 champ was custom built in Asheville, NC by John Schuske of The Amp Shop. Only the best components were used, including an Alnico Voice of Rock (VOR) V8A-25 speaker (Jensen sticker attached to complete the look) and vintage GE tubes. Currently, the preamp is a 5751 for more clean headroom, but I can swap it for a Tung-Sol 12ax7 if you'd like a grittier/Tweed-ier tone. The cabinet is solid pine covered in lacquered tweed. The tone is rich with barking break up, and it's incredibly quiet when idling. The person I bought it from put it head-to-head with an early-60's Fender Champ, and he ended up selling the Fender and kept this one! If you're looking for that iconic, vintage tweed Champ tone, look no further. I'll also throw in a JJ 5Y3 as a backup, which realistically you'll never need.

$750 shipped (PPff) or will entertain trades (nothing in particular, just shoot your shot)

“The Amp Shop” (Schuske) 5F1 Tweed Champ-img_9208-jpg
    “The Amp Shop” (Schuske) 5F1 Tweed Champ-img_9209-jpg“The Amp Shop” (Schuske) 5F1 Tweed Champ-img_9210-jpg“The Amp Shop” (Schuske) 5F1 Tweed Champ-img_9212-jpg
    “The Amp Shop” (Schuske) 5F1 Tweed Champ-img_9213-jpg
    Last edited by Caboverde; 04-17-2024 at 10:33 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Fun little amp - looks great!
    GLWTS!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy View Post
    Fun little amp - looks great!
    GLWTS!
    Indeed! Thanks

User Info Menu

5F1 is a fantastic amp
    I built me one and have fun with it
    GLWTS !