The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Price NOK 33 500, - *)

Blond Frans Elferink "Moderne" 7-string guitar with an 18-inch body, with the belonging "Bill Moll" flight case.
    "Moderne" indicates the F-holes form. Pickups: 1 floating Kent Armstrong humbucker and 1 AKG condenser microphone.

Frank Elferink is an international acclaimed luthier from the Netherlands (www.elferinkguitars.com/). See also: Log into Facebook | Facebook

This guitar was commissioned by the British guitarist Tony Marshall. Sitka Spruce top and fantastic quilted maple back and sides. Tuners: Gold Schaller Tuning M6 Machines with Ebony Knobs. 20 frets. Ebony fingerboard.

The guitar can be tried in Bergen, Norway. Transportation to be discussed.

*) NOK stands for Norwegian Crowns, which is the currency used in Norway.
    NOK 33 500, -- equals approx. Euro 2894,80, or approx. USD 3085.35 (Apr. 15, 2024)
    Attached Images Attached Images Used Frans Elferink "Moderne" 7-string 18" inch body-neck-head-stock-rear-vieuw-jpg Used Frans Elferink "Moderne" 7-string 18" inch body-img_1079-kopi-2-jpg Used Frans Elferink "Moderne" 7-string 18" inch body-whole-guitar-front-vieuw-jpg Used Frans Elferink "Moderne" 7-string 18" inch body-whole-guitar-rear-vieuw-jpg 
    Last edited by tonnie; 04-16-2024 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Wood type

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!

I call that "ripple" maple, but I think technically it's quilted, not flamed.

Soundbites anywhere?

User Info Menu

Point taken. Text will be corrected! Sorry but do not know about any sounbite.

Tonnie

User Info Menu

If you mean you don't understand the term: soundbites means recording(s). IOW, let's hear the darn thing

User Info Menu

I did understand that soundbites, means recording, but I do not have or know about any recordings. Sorry. Tonnie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonnie View Post
    I did understand that soundbites, means recording, but I do not have or know about any recordings. Sorry. Tonnie
    You’re being asked to record yourself playing the guitars you’re trying to sell. A brief one is fine - you don’t need to make a 5 minute clip, but it should be enough so prospective buyers can get an idea of how it sounds. Include relevant information like what kind of strings are on it, whether it was recorded directly connected to your device or with microphones in front of an amplifier, etc. If you used an amp, telling us which one it was and what effects were used (if any) also helps us understand how it sounds. Most forum regulars do this and either embed at least one in the “for sale” post or include a link to it.

Use your webcam, phone, or tablet. There are many free web services for this, although SoundCloud is the most popular. You can also record a video on YouTube. It doesn’t matter how well you play - it’s about the guitar, not you. Keep it simple - play some clear, sustained chords, some single string melodic lines, at least a few notes on each string, and whatever else you think makes it sound best.

Many sellers do this and all of us appreciate it.

User Info Menu

That makes 7, count 'em 7, 7 stringers for sale here.
    Someone liked their 7 stringers.
    I wouldn't get too worked up about some of his posts, sounds like he's losing a bit in the language translation.
    I'd say Tonnie, make sure you know what your trying say in English to avoid ruffling some feathers ( if you don't know what that means, look it up)
    That said, the forum originates from Denmark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    That makes 7, count 'em 7, 7 stringers for sale here.
    It's a potential treasure trove for sure! If they were in our neck of the woods, I'd be all over them on the assumption that I could love at least one or three.

I greatly admire your equanimity, 'moon! There's no way I can accept that any of the snark here is because of a language barrier. "I only want to sell this guitar, not become a recording artist" [yes, I paraphrased] is a pretty sophisticated response for someone unfamiliar with idiomatic English.

Oh well - no harm, no foul.

[PS - yes, there's another staple under the foot of the Princeton.]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit View Post
    It's a potential treasure trove for sure! If they were in our neck of the woods, I'd be all over them on the assumption that I could love at least one or three.

I greatly admire your equanimity, 'moon! There's no way I can accept that any of the snark here is because of a language barrier. "I only want to sell this guitar, not become a recording artist" [yes, I paraphrased] is a pretty sophisticated response for someone unfamiliar with idiomatic English.

Oh well - no harm, no foul.

[PS - yes, there's another staple under the foot of the Princeton.]
    Yeah, that's certainly no way to ingratiate yourself to a potential buyer, your 'honey/vinegar' comparison is always the best way to go as a seller and is just a good motto to have in life.
    I must have missed the post where he said he inherited them. The invitation to play them in person is a good sign that they actually belong to him rather than just blindly sending $ to a stranger but I strongly suggest potential buyers to procede w caution.
    And I still say the forum should go back to the 50 post minimum before you can sell to weed out at least a chunk of scammers and people that register just to make a sale and disappear

ps. that fixed baffle and the 3 per side staples (which is how many a Princeton got as opposed to the bigger amps judging by my own collection) really has me thinking it's the orig cab/tolex but not 100% certain w out seeing it in person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon View Post
    That makes 7, count 'em 7, 7 stringers for sale here...
    As of this morning, the count is up to 11, count 'em 11 7-stringers for sale here (along with two other auctions). Is this a record?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink View Post
    As of this morning, the count is up to 11, count 'em 11 7-stringers for sale here (along with two other auctions). Is this a record?
    Gotta be! The seller did say in an earlier post that he has a lot of sevens, and many of those now posted look like wonderful guitars.

With 6 sevens in my rack, my needs are narrow and well defined. I love all of mine and would only bring in a new one to replace one of them. I still want a smaller (15" or thin 16") laminated archtop and would replace one of my solid bodies if I found one I like at a reasonable cost.

I also don't consider buying anything that I can't see and play myself and whose condition and descriptive data I can verify, unless the seller is either known to me or highly and widely reputable. But the currently posted ones are all cool, and any could be a real find for someone willing to take a chance or able to go see them.