The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

For sale NOK 8 900. -- **)

This guitar is in a very good condition, with only a few insignificant signs of use, with a straight maple neck with a D profile, 17-inch body, with a thickness of 4,7 cm, single cutaway, two Duncan designed 7-string humbucker pickups, no fret ware, easy to play.

Production number: 99014871, which means that the guitar was produced in 1999.
    Color: Sunburst, neck: D profile, metal parts: nickel, tuners: Grover, original «hard» case.
    22 frets in «nickel silver».
    Being a good 7-string in it’s own right, it would also be a relative low investment, if you want to start playing the 7-string!

Most of the pictures are by the original seller, as they are very representative of the guitar's good condition. However, to show that I really own this guitar I have added a picture taken with my iPhone (on the sofa in my own living room)!

The guitar can be tried in Bergen, Norway.
    *) Of course, one can play all kinds of music on this guitar, not only jazz!

**) NOK stands for Norwegian Crowns, which is the currency used in Norway.
    NOK 8900,-- is approx. € 765.20 or approx.USD 816.50 (Apr. 14, 2024)

Transportation to be discussed.
    Attached Images Attached Images Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-knapper-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-hodestykket-bakfra-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-hodestykket-forfra-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-halsen-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-gitarkropp-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-gitar-i-koffert-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-body-liggende-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-pus-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-schechter-i-hel-figur-stående-forfra-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-tailpiece-jpg Used Schecter Diamond Series Jazz *)  7-string guitar-schecter-whole-guitar-front-jpg 
    Last edited by tonnie; 04-15-2024 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Picture

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The pictures you show come from creamcitymusic website
    Would you post pics from the actual guitar for sale ?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

I bought this guitar from just Cream City Music, Brookfield, USA on July 2014, via eBay.
    I have played this guitar only a few times at my home (as I own many 7-string guitars), so I found it not necessary to take new photos, as they are better than what I could produce.

Tonnie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tonnie View Post
    I bought this guitar from just Cream City Music, Brookfield, USA on July 2014, via eBay.
    I have played this guitar only a few times at my home (as I own many 7-string guitars), so I found it not necessary to take new photos, as they are better than what I could produce.
    Tonnie
    I ask you to reconsider your decision. You've owned this guitar for nearly 10 years. A prospective buyer wants visual proof of its current condition. Oddly, you didn't describe the guitar's condition, only that you've played it "only a few times." Additionally, someone could download the pictures you posted here and merely claim to have this guitar for sale. There has been a recent increase in likely scammers and less-than-honest sellers on JGO, so people here are understandably cautious. I think you can clear up any confusion or concerns by posting your own photos and clearly describing any dents, scratches or other imperfections that exist. No guitar is perfect, and I've come to appreciate how JGO members value honesty and respect above all else. Thanks, and GLWTS.

User Info Menu

I will reconsider and will post on self made photo later today, as I see you point o scammers and less-than-honest sellers.

You wrote "oddly, you didn't describe the guitar's condition", but one picture is worth a 1000 words and potential buyers can always ask the questions they might have!

Tonnie van der Heide

User Info Menu

...You wrote "oddly, you didn't describe the guitar's condition", but one picture is worth a 1000 words and potential buyers can always ask the questions they might have!
    Tonnie van der Heide
    It's customary for a seller to begin with a general label (e.g., excellent, good, fair, etc.), then provide more specific details in words and pictures. Those pictures are 10 years old, and taken before you bought the guitar. Who's to say those same "1000 words" still apply?

User Info Menu

I have posted one picture taken by me this morning! You can see that the quality of this picture is not as good as the others. I do not know how you treat your guitar(s), but in my case a 10 year old picture still works very well. I own a.ao. a Gibson ES-150 (with a bar pickup) from 1937, that looks (and not only to my eyes) like it came out of the factory only 6 months ago.

Tonnie

PS Unless you want to buy the guitar, I am not going to spend more time on defending myself against your criticism.

User Info Menu

Hi Tonnie,
    I think members are trying to be more helpful than "critical," and the requests/comments above seem fairly reasonable. This can be a tough crowd at times, but most are well-intentioned.
    GLWTS!

User Info Menu

I owned two of these guitars when they first came out, including one that was a twin to this one. Of the very many 7-strings I owned in those days (pre-Soloway Guitars), these were probably my favorites. They were surprisingly light weight, despite the center block. The 25.5" scale length helped with intonation for the low A and the tone was really pleasing.

User Info Menu

Tonnie

PS Unless you want to buy the guitar, I am not going to spend more time on defending myself against your criticism.
    GLWTS !
    As for myself, I want to be able to know the quality and condition of what I'm about to buy, or at least have enough confidence in the seller and/or a strong return policy.
    The way you are (not) answering our questions is not helpful to build the necessary confidence. Now that is criticism.