The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

4 string bass guitar, with one pickup (not original), but the original pickup («Sidewinder» humbucking pickup) has been saved and is included in the sale. The original Gibson hard case is included.
    Color «Sunburst», 1-layer white binding, laminated top and backside, fingerboard in Brazilian rose wood with white dot inlay, same body form as (Gibson guitar) ES-335.
    Neck is made of 1 piece mahogany, with a truss rod.
    Finger rest in black plastic, with 3-layers black and white binding. Number of frets: 20.

The instrument was built at Gibson in Kalamazoo in 1964 and looks very good for its age. The original frets are in nearly new codition. On the back plate there is an area of 3 ½ x 2 ½ cm., by a belt buckle. On the front plate there are some but insignificant spots. The bariton pushbutton is broken off, and has been replaced by a two position toggle switch.
    I am selling as I once had bass guitar as my second instrument, but have not played it for over 40 years!

The bass guitar can be tried in Bergen, Norway.

Transportation to be discussed.

NOK means Norwegian Crowns, which is the currency used in Norway. NOK 45000.- is approx. Euro 3869,- or approx. USD 4128.50 (14 April 2024).
    Attached Images Attached Images Used Gibson EB-2 Semi Acoustic bass guitar for sale. Price: NOK 45 000-img_1117-kopi-jpg Used Gibson EB-2 Semi Acoustic bass guitar for sale. Price: NOK 45 000-img_1118-kopi-jpg Used Gibson EB-2 Semi Acoustic bass guitar for sale. Price: NOK 45 000-img_1110-jpg 
    Last edited by tonnie; 04-14-2024 at 03:48 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I played one in high school --> college --> after.
    It came to me Jaco'ed -- the frets were out and the fingerboard covered with epoxy.
    That setup, wearing roundwounds and with the factory mudbucker with the "baritone" choke engaged, sounded a lot like an upright -- or so I thought at the time anyway.
    Later I re-fretted it and it nailed the classic Steve Swallow "Hotel Hello" sound!

Your replacement pickup looks like the DiMarzio Model One, yes?
    So the switch would be a coil-tap?

Mine was the shorter 30" scale.
    Is yours 30" or 34" ?

GLWS
    Last edited by Sam Sherry; 04-13-2024 at 05:15 PM.

User Info Menu

Sam,
    I replaced bariton pushbutton with a two position toggle switch. The new pickup is a DiMarsio. The scale is 77 cm., measured between the D and A string, because of the slant of the tail piece.
    The original frets still look very good.
    Tonnie

User Info Menu

Nok 45 000?

User Info Menu

NOK stands for Norwegian Crowns, which is the currency used in Norway.

Tonnie

User Info Menu

I had played bass when in high school. I had borrowed a Hofner violin but didn't really care for it. I bounced among a couple of Gibsons. The EB-2 was my favorite. Mine was in sparkling burgundy.

The good qualities are that it doesn't neck dive, it sounds great, and looks big on stage.