The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It’s wild that a 1974 had the neck shaved down to make it even thinner. The original plus a Calton case is a nice bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Interesting that a 1974 guitar was first sold new in 1978.

IIRC, these mid 70's guitars had a slim taper neck. They were very slim at the nut and got thicker as you went up the neck, unlike the early 60's examples that were very thin all throughout. Perhaps "Jim" wanted an early 60's neck profile?

I lived in Portland, OR in the 90's and had the 12th Fret do some work on a couple of guitars. They did good work.

This seems like a fair deal in today's dollars.....

User Info Menu

That's why I PSA'd it.
    They're too big for me though.
    If Vinny brings home another guitar his wife threatened to raise the pitch of his voice!
    I know how much he loves these, but that case deal is good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    Interesting that a 1974 guitar was first sold new in 1978.

IIRC, these mid 70's guitars had a slim taper neck. They were very slim at the nut and got thicker as you went up the neck, unlike the early 60's examples that were very thin all throughout. Perhaps "Jim" wanted an early 60's neck profile?

I lived in Portland, OR in the 90's and had the 12th Fret do some work on a couple of guitars. They did good work.

This seems like a fair deal in today's dollars.....
    agree on the price but only because it comes w/ the Calton considering the neck work, but that said the profile almost looks stock.
    I wonder if someone's memory/facts are a little off here, the 'refinishing' kinda looks like playwear
    hmm......

User Info Menu

I purchased a 1973 Sup 400 in 2013 from Portland Craigslist for $4500. Those were the days!

'74 Super 400 in Portland CL-img_1883-jpeg