The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Your chance to grab a brilliant amp which will really complement your really expensive archtop guitar

Loads of threads on these amps on here if you have never heard of them. Only reason for sale is that I have 2!

I’ve tried to take pics of the speaker, (disclaimer I know very little about the year this amp but will try my uppermost to answer any questions)

I’ve sold off here before so ask about. Archie knows me and will vouch for the quality of those amps too!

Here are some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone looking for a warm sounding, clean and LOUD amp with a small footprint, light weight and un-beatable price - grab this, fast. I use this and my BUD6 , sometimes in tandem and I have no need for any other type or size amp. GLWTS !

User Info Menu

Been using Evans for years and was a dealer back in the 80s. Started using them for pedal steel and found they were great for guitar. I've had an RE200 for many years and it's my 'go-to' amp - super clean, LOUD, and only weighs 27 lbs. I can have about any amp I want but haven't found anything I like better and it's great with my new Ibanez GB10 as well as Teles.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar View Post
    I’ve tried to take pics of the speaker, (disclaimer I know very little about the year this amp but will try my uppermost to answer any questions)
    I’ve owned a number of Evans amps, including this model - and they are indeed fantastic. If memory serves, the first two digits in the serial number indicate the year of manufacture: in this case probably 2012. GLWTS!

Quote Originally Posted by bmw2002 View Post
    I’ve owned a number of Evans amps, including this model - and they are indeed fantastic. If memory serves, the first two digits in the serial number indicate the year of manufacture: in this case probably 2012. GLWTS!
    That’s fantastic information thanks.

User Info Menu

There have been many - sometimes quite fierce - discussions about these amps on this forum over the years and IIRC the major theme was whether they can get you into the typical Fender
    territory (still THE benchmark for so many ...) , i.e. the somewhat scooped mids, the clear highs and the oh-so-elusive "edge-of-breakup" compression. Well, it's NOT another Fender-inspired
    combo but very much it's own design, built with a clear vision of a strong, solid, clear, clean, warm sounding and versatile piece of pro equipment that is also reliable and easy to carry.
    One trait it shares with the Fender combos is the open back construction but the amount of lows that this box can put out is astounding while not becoming boomy.
    It's also not the best choice for someone who needs a "set-it-and-forget-it" amp and it takes a while and some dedication to dial it in and get to understand which dial does what. It's worth your while.

And this one is also a STEAL !!!

Two facts keep me from jumping on this : I live in the EU and thanks to some morons in Downing Street I'd have to shell out an extra 23% in VAT and Custom's fees
    and secondly, I already own one and it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by gitman View Post
    There have been many - sometimes quite fierce - discussions about these amps on this forum over the years and IIRC the major theme was whether they can get you into the typical Fender
    territory (still THE benchmark for so many ...) , i.e. the somewhat scooped mids, the clear highs and the oh-so-elusive "edge-of-breakup" compression. Well, it's NOT another Fender-inspired
    combo but very much it's own design, built with a clear vision of a strong, solid, clear, clean, warm sounding and versatile piece of pro equipment that is also reliable and easy to carry.
    One trait it shares with the Fender combos is the open back construction but the amount of lows that this box can put out is astounding while not becoming boomy.
    It's also not the best choice for someone who needs a "set-it-and-forget-it" amp and it takes a while and some dedication to dial it in and get to understand which dial does what. It's worth your while.

Two facts keep me from jumping on this : I live in the EU and thanks to some morons in Downing Street I'd have to shell out an extra 23% in VAT and Custom's fees
    Lovely write up, I definitely didn’t buy this for as a “set it and forget it” type amp, the amount of tones you can get out it this amp is fantastic. Fender tones yeah, not so sure either. It’s (for me) the best amp I have for my archtop guitars. I just have two so this one needs a new home!

Bump

£50 price drop.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitman View Post

I will kindly point out that it is the EU that forces you to pay VAT but I love you none the less )

The seller is a top guy and a great player who unlike myself, is a real professional musician. I've had the pleasure of meeting him in person and doing business with him.
    I've had two types of Evans amp now and they have both been my favourite solid state amps.
    I prefer them to Quilter as they have a deeper tone.
    You can over fiddle with these amps but actually, the standard tone is pretty much spot on. Anything else is just a cherry on the cake.

User Info Menu

I have booked a jazz guitar weekend in Huddersfield and will stay 2-3 June in Manchester. Could you tell me the shipping costs to Ibis Styles Manchester Portland? How will you pack the amp, as I plan to take it as baggage on the airplane back to Bergen, Norway Monday evening.
    Antonius van der Heide
    Bergen, Norway

hi, could you you put this in a DM please?

Best wishes.

Still for sale.