The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For those of you on the waiting list, this is for sale at Acoustic Music in Guildford, CT for $5600:

Campellone Standard Series 17? Inch – Natural – 2024 | Acoustic Music

I have a 16" thinline that Mark made for me using a vintage 50's Gibson L4 top, and I marvel every time I play it.

I'm blown away, too, buy the pricing on the guitar posted for sale. Back in 2000, I paid $6000 for a Guild/Benedetto Artist Award. It was a magnificent guitar. Here we are 24 years later and are looking at a handmade luthier archtop by one of today's top builders, for *less* than what I paid 24 years ago!!!

I have no association with this store, btw.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarJay
    For those of you on the waiting list, this is for sale at Acoustic Music in Guildford, CT for $5600:

Campellone Standard Series 17? Inch – Natural – 2024 | Acoustic Music

I have a 16" thinline that Mark made for me using a vintage 50's Gibson L4 top, and I marvel every time I play it.

I'm blown away, too, buy the pricing on the guitar posted for sale. Back in 2000, I paid $6000 for a Guild/Benedetto Artist Award. It was a magnificent guitar. Here we are 24 years later and are looking at a handmade luthier archtop by one of today's top builders, for *less* than what I paid 24 years ago!!!

I have no association with this store, btw.
    Sorry did Mark make the guitar with a 50’s L4 top, or did he approximate one for your custom guitarr?

User Info Menu

Oh man - I want.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    Sorry did Mark make the guitar with a 50’s L4 top, or did he approximate one for your custom guitarr?
    He made my guitar using a NOS 50's Gibson L4 top. The top was sourced by the one and only Hammertone. I couldn't be happier with the instrument!

User Info Menu

Jay's guitar on the left in the picture below - a '22 thinline Standard Custom, with a NOS '50s Gibson L-4 top. On the right is an '03 Standard Custom, built with a special request for Gibson-style f-holes. AFAIK, other than the handful of 15" EP guitars, these are the only Campellones with this style of f-hole:
    Attached Images Attached Images Blond Campellone 17" Standard (New)-campellones-w-gibson-style-tops-jpg 

User Info Menu

What kind of pickups do you prefer?