The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Incredible Gibson Tal Farlow guitar -- one of the most beautiful examples I have seen -- great flame maple figuring front, back and sides -- and back of neck. Note that Gibson doesn't make arch tops any longer -- so these are rare models and the Tal Farlow is one of the best -- like an ES-350 or L-5 for much less.
    Photos don't do this guitar justice - great flame maple and great shape!!!
    Tal was a giant of jazz players (I saw him once and was blown away) and his signature model has great touches -- 25.5 inch scale, maple top, back and sides and rosewood fingerboard. Beautiful touches include inlaid scroll above pickguard, reverse crown inlays, and striking pickguard design. Two Gibson 57 classic pickups -- guitar is all original.
    17 inch bout and 3 inch depth
    Looks great yes -- but sound is fantastic -- you can play jazz, R&B, blues -- the combination of the great attack from the maple boards, the 57 classics, and the long scale length make this a unique and incredible guitar. Plays great -- very little fretwear and no visible dings. Guitar has largely been in the case. I LOVE the guitar, but rarely play it so it should go to someone who will -- I play out rarely now and mainly play acoustic so this should be used. These are VERY HARD to find!!!! An original from the 60s is probably 3x the price or more -- they only made 215. And the reissues were also rare.
    Made by the Gibson custom shop -- their best luthiers. These guitars have the best materials -- fit and finish is flawless. This is a super-fine example that is an heirloom piece -- since they no longer make them (or any archtops) the value is sure to increase.
    An inspiring guitar to play, look at or own.

PRICE: $5,725 plus $150 shipping -- continental US only -- thank you for your attention
    note -- you can find the gtr with photos also on reverb -- better priced here!
    Attached Images Attached Images Gibson Tal Farlow for sale -- 1997 -- super condition-back1-jpg Gibson Tal Farlow for sale -- 1997 -- super condition-front1-jpg Gibson Tal Farlow for sale -- 1997 -- super condition-close1-jpg 
    Last edited by NYgtrMan; 03-28-2024 at 02:45 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NYgtrMan
    Incredible Gibson Tal Farlow guitar -- one of the most beautiful examples I have seen -- great flame maple figuring front, back and sides -- and back of neck. Note that Gibson doesn't make arch tops any longer -- so these are rare models and the Tal Farlow is one of the best -- like an ES-350 or L-5 for much less.
    Photos don't do this guitar justice - great flame maple and great shape!!!
    Tal was a giant of jazz players (I saw him once and was blown away) and his signature model has great touches -- 25.5 inch scale, maple top, back and sides and rosewood fingerboard. Beautiful touches include inlaid scroll above pickguard, reverse crown inlays, and striking pickguard design. Two Gibson 57 classic pickups -- guitar is all original.
    17 inch bout and 3 inch depth
    Looks great yes -- but sound is fantastic -- you can play jazz, R&B, blues -- the combination of the great attack from the maple boards, the 57 classics, and the long scale length make this a unique and incredible guitar. Plays great -- very little fretwear and no visible dings. Guitar has largely been in the case. I LOVE the guitar, but rarely play it so it should go to someone who will -- I play out rarely now and mainly play acoustic so this should be used. These are VERY HARD to find!!!! An original from the 60s is probably 30k or more -- they only made 215. And the reissues were also rare.
    Made by the Gibson custom shop -- their best luthiers. These guitars have the best materials -- fit and finish is flawless. This is a super-fine example that is an heirloom piece -- since they no longer make them (or any archtops) the value is sure to increase.
    An inspiring guitar to play, look at or own.

PRICE: $6175 plus $150 shipping -- continental US only -- thank you for your attention
    note -- you can find the gtr with photos also on reverb --
    Jon, glad you posted this. I think it would be in your best interest to offer a lower price here than on Reverb. You will still make out better here than there, by a lot, and so too for the buyer. But it's your sale.

User Info Menu

"An original from the 60s is probably 30k or more"

um no, less than 1/2 that in reality. but glwts anyway....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    "An original from the 60s is probably 30k or more"

um, no. but glwts anyway....

There was an earlier thread on the TF price increase months back. What should these be going for today? They appeared to have nearly doubled in price within the last year, more than other models, it seems.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tomvwash
    There was an earlier thread on the TF price increase months back. What should these be going for today? They appeared to have nearly doubled in price within the last year, more than other models, it seems.
    speaking on a 60s model it really depends Tom, originality, etc but less than 15 that's for sure, especially a post '65 model.
    there was a super nice '67 for sale recently @ 9k that sat unsold for quite awhile
    as rare as they are they're a plywood guitar and will never be as desirable as an L-5 or Super