The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've been using my DV Mark EG250 head sitting on top of my Dock Block 12HD, but I just got a Quilter OD 202 to drop into the BD. The 1 in / 1 out rule applies in our house, so the Raw Dog is for sale. You'll get it in its original packaging exactly as I got it new from MF 2 years ago. It puts 250W into 4 Ohms and 150W into 8 Ohms. These are real world numbers - it gets very loud, stays very clean. and truly rivals a Twin in both sound and power. The front end uses a 6205 tube, so it has to warm up just like the big boys it replaces. Eric Gales wanted a loud, clean platform for effects and this is it. But it's also a very warm and rich jazz amp.

It has two speaker outs - a Speakon combo jack and a 1/4" jack. These are wired in parallel with a mininum load of 4 Ohms on both together. So it puts 250W into one 4 Ohm cab or two 8s, and 150W into one 8 Ohm cab. There's also a 1/4" preamp out.

This is a very versatile amp that makes my Tele sound like a Tele, my LP sound like an LP, and my archtops sound like archtops. It's great for everything from sparkling chicken pickin' to creamy blues with a pedal to solo jazz to keyboards to pedal steel to bass (it's great with my P-bass through my RE 10 bass cab). It's ideal for a 7 string. The reverb is better than decent and nowhere near as wonky as it is on the LJ, as you can hear on the video below. I can barely hear the fan from a foot away in a quiet room. And it keeps its character even when playing amazingly loud. It's in perfect condition except for a small "rubbed" area on the top that was there when I opened the box and is shown in the pictures below. The finish is not broken - the surface is lightly marred where someone apparently rubbed it hard with a cloth or finger.

Grab it for $350 plus shipping (US only).

Here's a quick video I just made to demonstrate the jazzy tone it puts out. This is my Eastman 810CE7 through the EG250 into my Toob Metro. Even the little Toob really sings with this amp, which sounds even a bit bigger through my Toob 10, RE, or RevSound. It sounds like a million bucks with just a single Toob Metro on any but the biggest jazz gigs. And it's beyond amazing with a pair of Metros (yes, I have 2).

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-front-jpg

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-back-jpg

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-top-jpg

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-bottom-jpg

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-left-jpg

[FS] DV Mark EG250 head in excellent condition from original owner-right-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love my DV Mark EG250. Sounds fat like a Twin through my Heritage 2x12 cab.

GLWYS!