The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello,

I'm selling this 1947 Epiphone Broadway I bought just under a year ago. It's a great instrument but it's not getting played enough to justify holding on to it. It's on sale on Reverb, but I'm after £2500, plus shipping can be arranged at buyer's expense.

It's a New York Epiphone built in 1947, serial number 56430. All the hardware is original - tailpiece, pickguard, tuners and bridge. The guitar has had a pro refret at some point and possibly a neck reset just based on the fact that there is a small mark on the fretboard binding at the neck join. A crack by the f-hole has been filled and sealed. An input jack was installed and a Kent Armstrong Archtop pickup was fitted to the pickguard. This will be included in the sale should you wish to convert it back and will not require any drilling.

I've had some setup work done to get the playability as good as possible. A luthier installed a new bone nut, did a fret dress and also sanded the bridge top radius to get the slots in correct position. The action is verylow and could easily take higher action or heavier gauge strings, the truss rod is also fully functional and plays like a dream, and sounds like loud 1940s Epiphone as it should.

Comes with a non-original TKL jumbo archtop case.

1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0678-jpg1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0680-jpg1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0683-jpg1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0691-jpgAttachment 109753Attachment 1097521947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0685-jpg1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0688-jpg
    Last edited by Iced Tea; 03-18-2024 at 07:32 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

An input jack was installed

where ? In the endpin ? Or on the rim ?

1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0693-jpg1947 Epiphone Broadway Sunburst-img_0694-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by fws6
    An input jack was installed

where ? In the endpin ? Or on the rim ?
    Ah should have been more specific, it's on the rim. One other thing to mention is that there is a crack on the tailpiece about a cm wide, it's not moved since I've had it and seems stable.